Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Imminent Threat, What to Carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 12:25 AM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2162 Times on 1078 Posts
Likes Given: 1099

I know the focus here is on weapons but one of the best weapons you have is securing your perimeter as well as around your vehicle to know if they are around while you are home or they are messing around your car. Get a Dakota MUR Alarm System with the portable receiver. They work for 2 miles. On portable receiver can monitor four separate area detectors and they are not that expensive. If they would activate one of the detectors it will advise which of the four zones is violated. I set a detector by my vehicle and trailer when I am at hotels and take the portable receiver which looks like a walkie talkie to my room. Anyone comes close to my vehicles during the night and it lets me know. I could see this as being invaluable in your situation. Not bad to have anytime. Then select the proper weapon and shoot straight. Most of them think their bad but they do not know what bad is!

Old 07-28-2011, 12:27 AM   #12

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Grow up, Jack. The thread never went that direction. Stay on topic or take a walk.
Is that a threat?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-28-2011, 12:35 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Is that a threat?
Nope. Not a threat.

Back to our regularly scheduled thread....

Old 07-28-2011, 01:05 AM   #14
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Tough situation, if I was in that place in time my first thought would be to move. Even a dozen Glocks won't help you if you are faced with multipul attackers that will come for you when they see an opening. IMHO they (multipul attackers) will already have firearms in hand, even if you repel the attack and take out one or two it will just add fuel to the fire of the gang members. IMHO retreat is your best option, pack up the Glocks and move to a green zone.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:19 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
Tough situation, if I was in that place in time my first thought would be to move. Even a dozen Glocks won't help you if you are faced with multipul attackers that will come for you when they see an opening. IMHO they (multipul attackers) will already have firearms in hand, even if you repel the attack and take out one or two it will just add fuel to the fire of the gang members. IMHO retreat is your best option, pack up the Glocks and move to a green zone.

^^^^This!

I know the movies are not real life, but much can be gleaned...I have NEVER seen a movie where the hero who took a stand against a gang, did NOT end up DEAD in the end.

Prescribed Fire is Mother Nature's plastic surgeon.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:25 AM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Agreed 100%. It's a good thing to have armarment close at hand and plenty of it, but in this situation falling back to a safe area/location is your best option. I was in a situation somewhat similar to this back when I was in high school. I had dated a girl that had connections to a gang (which I was unaware of at the time), and when I broke up with her the gang threatened me constantly. Long story short I had two undercover armed guards following me around my high school for the rest of my high school career, and they knew not to try to confront me at my home, because even at that age I had a strong interest in firearms, and plenty of armarment in my house that I knew how to use.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 07-28-2011, 01:25 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Lots of wisdom here. Avoid confrontation. Move somewhere where gangs aren't an issue.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:59 AM   #18
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I posted, or at least I thought I posted a tongue-in-cheek response on this thread......just trying to lighten up a serious situation a bit. Was my posted deleted?

Old 07-28-2011, 02:14 AM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimKS View Post
I posted, or at least I thought I posted a tongue-in-cheek response on this thread......just trying to lighten up a serious situation a bit. Was my posted deleted?
You have no other post in this thread, so no. Nothing was deleted.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:26 AM   #20

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

If retreating is not an option, I carry a G23 with a 13rnd mag and 2 G22 15rnds mags as backup, with 44rnds at my disposal, I feel safer even with multiple attackers.
I carry all that firepower when I feel that there may be some confrontation due my line of work and I practice a lot with my guns so using it becomes second nature.
If I ever need to use my gun, it would be to cover my retreat, not to confront the attackers, but if I got cornered, then I feel I've a better chance of escaping from the situation with all that firepower and knowledge of how to properly use it.
I also practice situational awareness all the time and watch where I park my vehicle and be careful all the time.
Time to train more often with your guns until the situation defuses for good, it may take some time to get defused so never lower your guard in the next couple of years.
Good luck

“If you're gonna die, die with your boots on!”— Iron Maiden

“MOLON LABE”— King Leonidas

“Remember the first rule of gunfighting... ‘have a gun.’”— Col. Jeff Cooper