Imminent Threat, What to Carry?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Imminent Threat, What to Carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 10:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Default Imminent Threat, What to Carry?

Hey guys quick advice. Long story short, I started dating a girl who's ex is a crazy gangmember who has been to prison for attempted murder. I stopped seeing the girl just to avoid the whole situation and never responded to him in any way. I filed a report with police about his threats. He even sent me stuff on Facebook and text (got the number from the girls phone). So here's my question. Having a high likelihood of armed and multiple attackers coming for me, what is my best load-out option til this blows over? I have the following Glocks for consideration. G27,G23,G30,G19,G21.

I plan on carrying 2 at all times, but should I go for capacity (which is what I'm leaning towards cuz of multiple bad guys) or stopping power? Or just go 27/23 for synergy in caliber?

Crappy situation either way, advice welcome...

In god we trust, all others we monitor...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-27-2011, 10:27 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

First of all sorry to hear of your situation, second, a piece of paper (restraining order) will do nothing!
As far as multiple targets remember, one pop each center mass.
9mm, 40, 45 ( my pick) they all work.
be safe......

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Old 07-27-2011, 10:38 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about your current situation. I personally would choose either the .40 or my favorite the .45 ACP. I keep my Mossberg 500 always loaded at my house, because nothing say get out of my house like a 12 gauge, and a 1911.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 07-27-2011, 10:38 PM   #4

Liked 414 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 1209

g19 high capacity mags and very concealable.make sure you report every time contact is made by this guy just in case something does happen you have plenty of proof you were affraid for your safety.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:43 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firearms4ever View Post
Sorry to hear about your current situation. I personally would choose either the .40 or my favorite the .45 ACP. I keep my Mossberg 500 always loaded at my house, because nothing say get out of my house like a 12 gauge, and a 1911.
This. Frankly, I wouldn't leave the house without the 12g either.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzll View Post
Hey guys quick advice. Long story short, I started dating a girl who's ex is a crazy gangmember who has been to prison for attempted murder. I stopped seeing the girl just to avoid the whole situation and never responded to him in any way. I filed a report with police about his threats. He even sent me stuff on Facebook and text (got the number from the girls phone). So here's my question. Having a high likelihood of armed and multiple attackers coming for me, what is my best load-out option til this blows over? I have the following Glocks for consideration. G27,G23,G30,G19,G21.

I plan on carrying 2 at all times, but should I go for capacity (which is what I'm leaning towards cuz of multiple bad guys) or stopping power? Or just go 27/23 for synergy in caliber?

Probably too much information for an open forum...

Prescribed Fire is Mother Nature's plastic surgeon.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:01 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIMNOMORE View Post
Why do you say this?

Old 07-28-2011, 12:10 AM   #8

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzll View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIMNOMORE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Why do you say this?
Yeah, you are right. What the hell. I think you should hunt down everyone of them sons-a-bitches, and kill them all!

Use them damn Glocks!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-28-2011, 12:12 AM   #9

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

I think your best option is to avoid being alone whenever you can for a while. Safety in numbers.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 07-28-2011, 12:24 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Yeah, you are right. What the hell. I think you should hunt down everyone of them sons-a-bitches, and kill them all!

Use them damn Glocks!
Grow up, Jack. The thread never went that direction. Stay on topic or take a walk.