Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Illinois concealed carry reciprocity?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 12:40 AM   #11
That didn't last long... Flyers during Shero's era!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1443 Times on 878 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
From what I've heard Illinois may end up honoring States that have the same training requirements as theirs.
Not exactly. That's what the other bill said, but this one only says:

"(b) The Department shall by rule allow for non-resident license applications from any state or territory of the United States with laws related to firearm ownership, possession, and carrying, that are substantially similar to the requirements to obtain a license under this Act."

So, they don't recognize the CCW from other states (reciprocity). But they will allow non-residents from a few states to make a non-resident application.

The other bill (HB0997) had a short list of states that met that criteria. The other bill actually offered reciprocity to these states:

"Those states with substantially similar laws include, but are not limited to: Arizona, California, Florida, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, and Wisconsin."

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 3rd FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/3rd-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-12-13-2014-a-98426

Old 07-10-2013, 01:53 AM   #12

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl
From what I've heard Illinois may end up honoring States that have the same training requirements as theirs.
I would t doubt this at all.

Illinois requires more training hours than any other state. The politicians will tell you hat they they will honor others states knowing full well no other state matches their requirement.

I wish Chicago would just implode. Average national IQ would skyrocket and crime rates plummet.

Old 07-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 30

From what I understand no reciprocity, however you could apply for an out of state Illinois CCW permit which would still include 16 hours of training and the minor inconvenience of a $300.00 fee ($150.00 for in state in addition to the training)