Illinois CCW passes house
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Illinois CCW passes house

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Illinois CCW passes house

Now that SB2193 passed with a super (veto proof) majority. Has anyone read the full text. I had heard that current FOID holders will be allowed to carry for up to 180 days using their FOID as a temporary CCW. I did not see any such exception in the bill or amendments. It was a long read so perhaps I missed it. Anyway has anyone read the bill and can tell me what section addresses that?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1017 Times on 711 Posts
Likes Given: 290

Paladin, where do you roam? Most of us know it must be passed completely before you read it. A lot can change.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:47 PM   #3

Yes I understand this is the senate bill and the house must pass an identical bill then be signed by Quinn. Call me an optimist. Though Quinn promises defeating the bill there are already enough votes in the senate to overturn any veto. But being the optimist I believe they would prefer to have a formal law in place than no law or controls at all. Come June 9th it will either be this bill in host with minor tweaks or nothing. If nothing then it will be court or constitutional carry ( however you wish to refer to it).

So I read the bill and amendments to see what we are facing and also to try and dis-spell some of the rumors and conjecture.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:15 AM   #4

Liked 1151 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 2042

I just dont think the bill will pass , it will free all Chicagoans of the AR and capacity ban and your great members up there arent going to let that happen.Personally its a sh!tty bill thats to restrictive anyway

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 05-29-2013, 06:15 AM   #5

Liked 1139 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 246

I have not followed closely this issue, but Obama having this as his home state, (away from home, Kenya) tells me no Concealed Handgun Permit is ever going too see anywhere near Chicago till Obama goes back to where he comes from. .

Old 05-29-2013, 04:31 PM   #6

I truly think they are just going to delay this so it can be constitutional carry and larger cities over 28,000 population can have their own home rules. You know what that means for Chicago . Sorry ladies and gents your out

Old 05-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #7
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2474 Times on 1326 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
I truly think they are just going to delay this so it can be constitutional carry and larger cities over 28,000 population can have their own home rules. You know what that means for Chicago . Sorry ladies and gents your out
It's starting to look that way. We may be ok here on the border lands, but Cook County is going to get screwed.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
purehavoc Likes This 
Old 05-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
It's starting to look that way. We may be ok here on the border lands, but Cook County is going to get screwed.
Amen to that brother , I was hoping all our fellow gun owners out there the best of luck and being able to get a CCW license but its not looking good for them . Wish all of you in Cook Co. lots of luck

Old 06-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #9

Liked 83 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Default IL CC bill link

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/98/HB/09800HB0183sam005.htm

Amendments 6 & 7 on the bill just correct some technical stuff, so this is the gist of the new CC bill. If you want to look at training requirements, that starts on page 31.

"Training errors are recorded on paper. Tactical errors are etched in stone."
- Erwin Rommel