IL non carry law sucks
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > IL non carry law sucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 11:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Default IL non carry law sucks

So I had to pick up $37,000 worth of gold coins today for work as my customer rebates for the year , this place is not in the greatest neighborhood high theft and robberies and I would not go near it at night , You have to park across the street and walk across 4 lanes of traffic to get to it .The place has a locked front door and steel bars inside the 10X5 entry , you can only imagine what it looks like So my boss asks me if Im packing today , He knows me to well . Gun in opened case , in coat right pocket with magazine in other left pocket . I know this is wrong in IL but Im not getting robbed without a fight , Just pass the damn carry law so I dont have to break it

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-29-2011, 11:14 PM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

$37k in gold could be dropped into your shirt pocket, and you could use two hands to hold the pistola steady.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:34 AM   #3

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
So I had to pick up $37,000 worth of gold coins today for work as my customer rebates for the year , this place is not in the greatest neighborhood high theft and robberies and I would not go near it at night , You have to park across the street and walk across 4 lanes of traffic to get to it .The place has a locked front door and steel bars inside the 10X5 entry , you can only imagine what it looks like So my boss asks me if Im packing today , He knows me to well . Gun in opened case , in coat right pocket with magazine in other left pocket . I know this is wrong in IL but Im not getting robbed without a fight , Just pass the damn carry law so I dont have to break it
Why not go ahead & confess here that you cheated on last years tax return too

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-30-2011, 12:37 AM   #4

Hey man I live in Nevada and have to travel to California often(witch has stupid laws when it comes to carrying too) but I still carry everytime I go, I'd rather get a fine than getting robbed or have some dirtbag harm my family! (but when I do take a firearm over there I make sure it's kalifornia legal... I.e. I make sure that the magazine capacity is 10 or less and that that brand passed all their stupid drop tests and all that crap

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards.
-Theodore Roosevelt

Old 11-30-2011, 02:46 AM   #5

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Why not go ahead & confess here that you cheated on last years tax return too
Nope they get 1099's with these also , but depending on the actual value there taxes may go up or down by the end of the yr. Kinda risky right now with gold at a all time high , We have been doing this for 15 yrs with a couple customers , so some of their $400 15 yr old gold coins are now worth $1700 , Kinda a good deal as long as it doesnt go thw wrong way