Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   IL non carry law sucks (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/il-non-carry-law-sucks-52733/)

purehavoc 11-29-2011 10:05 PM

IL non carry law sucks

So I had to pick up $37,000 worth of gold coins today for work as my customer rebates for the year , this place is not in the greatest neighborhood high theft and robberies and I would not go near it at night , You have to park across the street and walk across 4 lanes of traffic to get to it .The place has a locked front door and steel bars inside the 10X5 entry , you can only imagine what it looks like So my boss asks me if Im packing today , He knows me to well :) . Gun in opened case , in coat right pocket with magazine in other left pocket . I know this is wrong in IL but Im not getting robbed without a fight , Just pass the damn carry law so I dont have to break it :D

TimKS 11-29-2011 10:14 PM

$37k in gold could be dropped into your shirt pocket, and you could use two hands to hold the pistola steady. :)

HOSSFLY 11-29-2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc (Post 639308)
So I had to pick up $37,000 worth of gold coins today for work as my customer rebates for the year , this place is not in the greatest neighborhood high theft and robberies and I would not go near it at night , You have to park across the street and walk across 4 lanes of traffic to get to it .The place has a locked front door and steel bars inside the 10X5 entry , you can only imagine what it looks like So my boss asks me if Im packing today , He knows me to well :) . Gun in opened case , in coat right pocket with magazine in other left pocket . I know this is wrong in IL but Im not getting robbed without a fight , Just pass the damn carry law so I dont have to break it :D

Why not go ahead & confess here that you cheated on last years tax return too :p

Jkl-28 11-29-2011 11:37 PM

Hey man I live in Nevada and have to travel to California often(witch has stupid laws when it comes to carrying too) but I still carry everytime I go, I'd rather get a fine than getting robbed or have some dirtbag harm my family! (but when I do take a firearm over there I make sure it's kalifornia legal... I.e. I make sure that the magazine capacity is 10 or less and that that brand passed all their stupid drop tests and all that crap

purehavoc 11-30-2011 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 639411)
Why not go ahead & confess here that you cheated on last years tax return too :p

Nope they get 1099's with these also , but depending on the actual value there taxes may go up or down by the end of the yr. Kinda risky right now with gold at a all time high , We have been doing this for 15 yrs with a couple customers , so some of their $400 15 yr old gold coins are now worth $1700 , Kinda a good deal as long as it doesnt go thw wrong way