Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > If Concealed carry in Australia was legal, good or bad idea?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2013, 03:42 AM   #81
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 186 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 288

Had to change my thoughts on Tasers after reading my own reply. I don't like them because of how I see them used in the news, like on eighty year old veterans in wheel chairs, but if they work to get you enough time to get away from your dazed attacker, It's all good. If you were really pissed at your attacker, I might even push the Taser button another couple more times to teach the idiot how to break dance before I split Tear gas, I don't think so. Think it would be too easy for me to gas myself, and when the cops arrived I would be the one who was crying, with the dye on my face, and had to explain to those gentlemen that I was the victim, not the perp

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

Last edited by HM2Grunt; 09-28-2013 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Stupid disjointed low blood sugar thoughts

Old 09-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #82

Liked 364 Times on 257 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Australia, UK, China, even the UN have no say in my country, and all things being fair, my opinion should mean nothing in those countries or associations of countries. If I did think my opinion was important, and that my Sh** didn't stink, I would be no better than the loud month Peirs Morgan. Fornicate him
Because someone's opinion won't make a difference doesn't mean they can't have one. Peirs Morgan is not an American citizen but through the media, his opinion has more influence on some American opinion than yours will ever have.

Last edited by manta; 09-28-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Old 09-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #83
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20045 Times on 11398 Posts
Likes Given: 50571

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Because someone's opinion won't make a difference doesn't mean they can't have one. Peirs Morgan is not an American citizen but through the media, his opinion has more influence on some American opinion than yours will ever have.
his opinion only has influence over those that lack the ability to use reason and common sense, or the ability to think for themselves.

so i put no credence in his opinions, nor do i care about those who would give his opinions credibility. he is an idiot that spouts off nonsense, that even most children don't believe!
People Like This 
Old 09-28-2013, 06:05 PM   #84
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Your forgetting something Manta, it's not just his opinion. It's MILLIONS of gun owners' opinions. We have pressured congress to stop gun control legislation, we have kicked two liberals out of office in Colorado, and we have gotten several states to pass pro gun laws that give us more freedom.

What has Morgan done other than bitch and complain? Most, if not all of the people who believe his dribble believed it before he came to America.

Morgan may be a pain in the ass, but he has almost no influence on America.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 09-28-2013 at 06:09 PM.
People Like This 
Old 09-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #85
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20045 Times on 11398 Posts
Likes Given: 50571

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Your forgetting something Manta, it's not just his opinion. It's MILLIONS of gun owners' opinions. We have pressured congress to stop gun control legislation, we have kicked two liberals out of office in Colorado, and we have gotten several states to pass pro gun laws that give us more freedom.

What has Morgan done other than bitch and complain? Most, if not all of the people who believe his dribble believed it before he came to America.

Morgan may be a pain in the ass, but he has almost no influence on America.
and anyone with at least a sixth grade education can tell he hasn't got a clue about anything!

anyone Piers Morgan has influence over, is rather stupid to begin with.
People Like This 
Old 09-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #86

Quote:
and anyone with at least a sixth grade education can tell he hasn't got a clue about anything!

anyone Piers Morgan has influence over, is rather stupid to begin with
Most can agree that Morgan in a prat. But you would be mistaken if you think that his exposure on the media does not influence some to agree with further gun control you are kidding yourself. If it makes any difference or not is another matter.

Quote:
his opinion only has influence over those that lack the ability to use reason and common sense, or the ability to think for themselves.
Do you not think there are plenty like that n America.

Last edited by manta; 09-28-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #87
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Most can agree that Morgan in a prat. But you would be mistaken if you think that his exposure on the media does not influence some to agree with further gun control you are kidding yourself. If it makes any difference or not is another matter.

Do you think there's not plenty like that n America.
Considering his past history of being a liar (his days as an Editor in the UK), his quickness to stoop to personal insults, and his general stupidity when it comes to guns, I'd agree with axxe when he said that only idiots believe Morgan.

MOST people are not influenced by him. Would someone raised in California to hate guns probably believe him? Yes, but they were already antigun. Will someone born in Kansas that is on the fence about guns believe him? Probably not. They'd probably see him as stark raving mad.

Morgan is not an issue. He is nothing to the millions of gun owners. Gun owners have influenced more people than Morgan could ever hope to. Many of us enjoy converting people who are on the fence, and sometimes even anti gunners.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #88
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 186 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 288

Quote:
Peirs Morgan is an entertainer, he does what he does, to harass, argue, and tear down the people he interviews.

He is just Like Bill Rielly, but he has an accent He only does it for the ratings. His paycheck.

Peirs Morgan has all the relevance in American politics, as professional wrestling and car wrecks. It is true that Peirs Morgan has greater influence on American opinion than I do, I don't have his fake news set, flash fast music, audio-visual magic, and quick sound bites.

People who fall into his line are the sheep who are too lazy to search out other sources of information, and try to come up with their own opinions from a more diverse sources, and it is too enticing to pass up seeing the mighty lion Peirs eat the Christians in his arena.

It is a shame that Uncle Ted and other advacates for gun ownership even bother to go on his fake news set. The sheep just watch, because there is going to be a fight. Peirs is going to light into Ted, or Ted is going to "own" Peirs, "who cares about opinion, I just want to see a fight", which just adds to Peirs' rating numbers. He would probably kiss Jesse Ventura's ass on TV if it would give him a greater share of the audience. So manta, if you think you are getting news and facts, keep on watching. Guys like Bill Rielly and Rush Limbauh are or problem, But Peirs Morgan doesn' belong here, but makes more money here than on the BBC.

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

Last edited by HM2Grunt; 09-28-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #89

Peirs Morgan has used the gun control debate to get himself headlines and coverage in America. And its obviously working the American media wouldn't be employing him if he wasn't getting the viewing figures they want. How would he go about getting American citizenship I hear he thinking about making it his home. I can understand him sticking his nose into American affairs would seriously irritate people in America. I am speaking from experience of Americans sticking their noses into N Irelands affairs that caused lives here.

Quote:
Galvin was the publicity director for the New York-based NORAID, an Irish American group fund-raising organization which raised money for the families of Irish republican prisoners, but was also accused by the American, British, and Irish governments to be a front for the supply of weapons to the Provisional IRA.
Morgan is just a pain in the ass the Americans that were sticking their noses into N Irelands affairs in the past caused a lot of lives here.

Quote:
It is a shame that Uncle Ted and other advacates for gun ownership even bother to go on his fake news set.
I would agree debating with him just gives him what he wants publicity. Ignore him and he might go somewhere else as long as its not back here.

As for the original question it will be up to the Australia government and the people if they can carry firearms. But history shows once firearms controls are brought in its hard to reverse them.

Last edited by manta; 09-28-2013 at 08:20 PM.
HM2Grunt Likes This 
Old 09-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #90

Liked 336 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 26

In Australia we have our own version of this Morgan twit who uses half truths and fear mongering to scare the crap out of the uninformed on gun issues.
This lying sack of dog's turds name is David Shoebridge a so called "academic" and in conjunction with a few other denialist handwringers Phillip Alpers, Lee Rhiannon, Samantha Lee to name a few plus Bob Brown now an ex leader for the Greens Party are all trying to get gun ownership in Australia banned except by the Police and Military...........................sound a bit familiar especially about 70 yrs ago?

The media always goes to 1 of these drop kicks for their "expert" opinion on matters relating to gun control and why it should be banned. Of course the media won't contact any pro gun groups like our Shooters and Fisher's Party because the 2 blokes in this who are in Parliament can knock down any pack of lies the anti crowd put up with checkable facts something the anti's and media don't particularly like plus they won't really talk to the media because of the media's "never let the truth stand in the way of a good story" policy.

Hell even these drop kicks keep referring to the "American gun culture" that is growing in Australia in regards to gun ownership saying that there will be massacres happening and that in the case of Shoebridge saying we should only be limited to 3 guns at the most, all guns should be in a central repository, all rifles should be single shots and absolute drivel like that.

They are relentless in their drive to ban guns for the "good of the people" and this is the sort of **** you Yanks will now be facing.

These people seem to be always on consultation groups about hunting and gun control even though it's been shown that their collective agenda is the ultimate banning of guns to the general public.

Lately however things are slowly changing as people start to see through their lies and these whiny little bitches scream about equal "views" on hunting and guns but they're only there to block ideas and put their own poisoned views up and are being left off a few of these review boards.

The ability to think and speak doesn't necessarily guarantee intelligence