If Concealed carry in Australia was legal, good or bad idea? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > If Concealed carry in Australia was legal, good or bad idea?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 412 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Exactly WHAT stricter laws? Set aside the liberal bastions of NY, CA, MA and NJ and what do you have? Nada, zip, zilch, nyete...nothing but recalls, failed bills, rhetoric and hand-wringing...
So there are no mag restrictions. Machine guns are allowed in all states etc.

Quote:
and look at the gun laws in your country. you're still losing
True.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #42

Liked 1845 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 1215

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I suppose you can't win them all.
I kind of though you guys were in the habit of getting your butts kicked. Maybe I need to brush up on English history.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #43
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:

True.
many states don't have mag restrictions. many states it's legal to own and shoot fully auto firearms. many states even allow ownership of suppressors. or SBR's, or SBS's, or other items on the NFA list.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:15 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

you must think we are a bunch of pansies or something and that we are just willing to hand them over like you did in your country. well you would be dead wrong![/QUOTE]

I still don't understand how that happened. It just doesn't fit with my image of Australian people. I would have to bet that some of them held onto their gear and just haven't been caught with it, but what fun is a gun you can't go do some plinking with.

I just don't get it; I worked with this Vietnam Veteran who had the opinion that the Aussies he met in that mess were complete badasses.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 09-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #45

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:

True.
Like I said friend, set aside the liberal holes...and yes, no mag restrictions......And yes to machine guns...although pretty costly, it can still be done if you have the scratch...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

True.
Remember that the U.S. is composed of many different states with different laws. Firearms laws in California suck, but firearms laws in Mississippi are pretty darn good, with some kinds of carry not even requiring a permit.

The problem with full auto is the cost. I plan to go with a buddy to rent this SAW at a range nearby (for use at that range), just got to get the ammo cash together.

People Like This 
Old 09-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 412 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
many states don't have mag restrictions. many states it's legal to own and shoot fully auto firearms. many states even allow ownership of suppressors. or SBR's, or SBS's, or other items on the NFA list
Don't get me wrong I wish we had similar firearms laws here. Just pointing out that there are already controls in some American states. One thing in the UK no mag restrictions and suppressors are easily obtained.

Quote:
The problem with full auto is the cost. I plan to go with a buddy to rent this SAW at a range nearby (for use at that range), just got to get the ammo cash together.
I couldn't afford to shoot one.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #48
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent

Like I said friend, set aside the liberal holes...and yes, no mag restrictions......And yes to machine guns...although pretty costly, it can still be done if you have the scratch...
Even in the liberal states, the civilians wouldn't turn in the guns. My state, MA, didnt vote for the laws, Romney put them into place, and there is a possibility that after devall asshat, sorry devall Patrick, is out of office that a new governor could possibly repeal the laws. Thankfully, devall asshat isn't running again, hopefully Gabriel Gomez will run. So far the only conservative running is Charlie Baker and he lost to asshat, but if he wins there is a chance that G.O.A.L could try to get him to repeal them.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
People Like This 
Old 09-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Manta, here is the website for that range; check out the vids of people shooting. I notice they didn't show their targets.
http://modern-outfitters.com/machineguns-and-rental-guns/

The suppressor thing is weird here; when that movie "No Country for Old Men" came out, several people I know were like "Did you see that silenced shotgun in that movie; that was nuts!". One of your countrymen Davyboy had a thread posted about suppressed shotguns to school us.

Last edited by orangello; 09-26-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #50
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Also, the P99 he showed is clearly an airsoft gun.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY