If Concealed carry in Australia was legal, good or bad idea? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > If Concealed carry in Australia was legal, good or bad idea?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 09:48 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2824 Times on 1403 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
American governments have being bringing in stricter gun controls for years. I haven't heard of any armed resistance to the stricter laws.
Carry laws have never more widespread in the US since,well, probably the founding. Even the fascist state of Illinois was beat into some (yet to be determined) form of submission by the courts
The laws your thinking of (Mag restrictions, black gun restrictions, feel good tripe type of controls) are pushing all the wrong buttons. Colorado voters just made their feelings known on the subject a couple weeks ago. Historically, gun control has been a losing issue for the Dems more often than not.
FWIW, the last govt that attempted outright firearms confiscation here was yours.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Last edited by Overkill0084; 09-26-2013 at 09:50 PM.
People Like This 
Old 09-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 411 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Quote:
tell you what Manta, try walking into my home and taking my firearms, and you will get a very painful lesson in resistance!
Ok you are talking about you I thought by your post that you were talking about all American gun owners.

Quote:
The thing about that is we Americans will NOT turn our guns in peacefully.
I don't think they will be coming for anyone's guns they will just chip away at it as they have being doing for years.

Quote:
Semi-automatic firearms that the state has classified as assault weapons, .50 BMG caliber rifles, and magazines that can hold more than ten rounds of ammunition may not be sold in California. Possession of automatic firearms, and of short-barreled shotguns and rifles, is generally prohibited
[/QUOTE]

Old 09-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #33
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21580 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Carry laws have never more widespread in the US since,well, probably the founding. Even the fascist state of Illinois was beat into some (yet to be determined) form of submission by the courts
The laws your thinking of (Mag restrictions, black gun restrictions, feel good tripe type of controls) are pushing all the wrong buttons. Colorado voters just made their feelings known on the subject a couple weeks ago. Historically, gun control has been a losing issue for the Dems more often than not.
FWIW, the last govt that attempted outright firearms confiscation here was yours.
and we know what happened to those British chaps! both times!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #34

Quote:
Ok you are talking about you I thought by your post that you were talking about all American gun owners.

I don't think they will be coming for anyone's guns they will just chip away at it as they have being doing for years.

Semi-automatic firearms that the state has classified as assault weapons, .50 BMG caliber rifles, and magazines that can hold more than ten rounds of ammunition may not be sold in California. Possession of automatic firearms, and of short-barreled shotguns and rifles, is generally prohibited
[/QUOTE]

you must think we are a bunch of pansies or something and that we are just willing to hand them over like you did in your country. well you would be dead wrong!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #35

Liked 50 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adwye7
Yeah lets say i got lucky, but i did break my nose, stitches in my lower lip, and alot of facial bruising at the time, it was thought that i may have had internal bleeding but for some reason that was never found out. i feel alright now though besides my back which hasnt stopped aching for ages.
15 guys jumped you and you got up and walked away with cuts and bruises??? You are either superman or the bad guys in your neighborhood can't fight.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #36

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
American governments have been trying, lying and failing to bring about stricter gun control for years.

Fixed it for ya...

I haven't heard of any armed resistance to the stricter laws.
Exactly WHAT stricter laws? Set aside the liberal bastions of NY, CA, MA and NJ and what do you have? Nada, zip, zilch, nyete...nothing but recalls, failed bills, rhetoric and hand-wringing...

You really need to spend some time in the free part of the world...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
People Like This 
Old 09-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by britishbulldog View Post
15 guys jumped you and you got up and walked away with cuts and bruises??? You are either superman or the bad guys in your neighborhood can't fight.
dammit Bulldog! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #38

Liked 1837 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 1212

I am with AXXE. It would be a bad day for anyone that came through my door uninvited.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This 
Old 09-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 411 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Quote:
and we know what happened to those British chaps! both times!
I suppose you can't win them all.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #40

Quote:
I suppose you can't win them all.
and look at the gun laws in your country. you're still losing.