If Concealed carry in Australia was legal, good or bad idea? - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > If Concealed carry in Australia was legal, good or bad idea?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 01:17 AM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
He may have not even been from Australia. He may have just come up with that as an excuse as to why it couldn't have been an airsoft.
True, though he did seem to have a little bit of knowledge in other topics about how the system works here...

Old 09-29-2013, 01:21 AM   #102
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8815 Times on 5098 Posts
Likes Given: 11488

I have not read all of th eposts but here's what I have to say.

As a life-long California resident I have seen a lot of gun laws passed by Sacramento. I have never witnessed any remarkable level of compliance via the turning in of firearms or selling them out of state.

Our State representatives seem to be comfortably oblivious to the fact that in response to Draconian new laws, California gun owners will by and large seek some means to either circumvent those new laws or find ways to hide the newly outlawed items. The response I have seen by many gun owners was to seek out hide-away gun safes, building false walls, buying second, third or more safes so that any authorities might not be able to find all of the guns. Same thing with ammo and magazines. I have been to the range with police officers and they are just as bad! I have had police officers ask me if I want to buy standard capacity magazines that hold more than the legal 10-round limit allowed by law. It is a common greeting at the range when people find out you have an AR "You need any Hi-cap mags?" to which the usual response is "I'm good.". I have been to the range with a buddy who was at the range with a prohibited AR15 and several local LEOs took the benches next to us. We had hi-cap mags and everything. We all had a great day shooting each other's guns and shooting the bull as well. They asked if he knew that his gun was illegal and just smiled when he feigned shock and ignorance. There are many shooting competitions where people will bring their illegal magazines and use them in competition alongside many LEAs who are also competing.

To more recent laws that are going through the motions most California gun owners are saying "ENOUGH!" by no longer going out of our way to comply with them. For many this means they will no longer be executing private party transfers through an FFL as long as both parties are certain that the other is not prohibited from owning a firearm.

In other words, just because they have passed the laws does not by any means mean that we are complying with them. Its called peaceful non-compliance.

Should the authorities attempt to take away these guns and they would have a firefight on their hands in many, many cases.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 09-29-2013, 01:27 AM   #103

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I have not read all of th eposts but here's what I have to say.

As a life-long California resident I have seen a lot of gun laws passed by Sacramento. I have never witnessed any remarkable level of compliance via the turning in of firearms or selling them out of state.

Our State representatives seem to be comfortably oblivious to the fact that in response to Draconian new laws, California gun owners will by and large seek some means to either circumvent those new laws or find ways to hide the newly outlawed items. The response I have seen by many gun owners was to seek out hide-away gun safes, building false walls, buying second, third or more safes so that any authorities might not be able to find all of the guns. Same thing with ammo and magazines. I have been to the range with police officers and they are just as bad! I have had police officers ask me if I want to buy standard capacity magazines that hold more than the legal 10-round limit allowed by law. It is a common greeting at the range when people find out you have an AR "You need any Hi-cap mags?" to which the usual response is "I'm good.". I have been to the range with a buddy who was at the range with a prohibited AR15 and several local LEOs took the benches next to us. We had hi-cap mags and everything. We all had a great day shooting each other's guns and shooting the bull as well. They asked if he knew that his gun was illegal and just smiled when he feigned shock and ignorance. There are many shooting competitions where people will bring their illegal magazines and use them in competition alongside many LEAs who are also competing.

To more recent laws that are going through the motions most California gun owners are saying "ENOUGH!" by no longer going out of our way to comply with them. For many this means they will no longer be executing private party transfers through an FFL as long as both parties are certain that the other is not prohibited from owning a firearm.

In other words, just because they have passed the laws does not by any means mean that we are complying with them. Its called peaceful non-compliance.

Should the authorities attempt to take away these guns and they would have a firefight on their hands in many, many cases.
Civil disobedience. I love it!

If more people would simply ignore those laws, the laws themselves would become meaningless and the antis couldn't really do anything about it.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:33 AM   #104
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Civil disobedience. I love it!

If more people would simply ignore those laws, the laws themselves would become meaningless and the antis couldn't really do anything about it.
Something is only a law if we accept it as a law.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-29-2013, 01:49 AM   #105
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 8815 Times on 5098 Posts
Likes Given: 11488

What I describe is essentially in the same spirit as the Boston Tea Party more or less, except in this case in order to be disobedient one merely has to do nothing.

There have been rumors that CA DOJ officers are going to Nevada gun shows and taking note of CA license plates in the parking lots. They will reportedly then show up at the person's home in CA and demand to see any purchases they might have made in NV. Of course they can't legally force people to disclose these things but they will attempt to bully people into confessing and showing them stuff. Not sure if this is just a rumor or not, but its out there.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
FullautoUSA Likes This 
Old 09-29-2013, 04:24 AM   #106
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Most can agree that Morgan in a prat. But you would be mistaken if you think that his exposure on the media does not influence some to agree with further gun control you are kidding yourself. If it makes any difference or not is another matter.

Do you not think there are plenty like that n America.
those people probably already think gun control or more gun control is a good idea to begin with. he's preaching to his own choir.

anyone with half a brain, that understands how to use reasoning doesn't give any ratiional thought to what Piers Morgan thinks.

people with common sense know he's an idiot. people who think he know what he's taking about,and agree with him, are idiots.

i don't tend to associate or socialize with idiots, nor allow them to be around me.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:27 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgo View Post
True, though he did seem to have a little bit of knowledge in other topics about how the system works here...
in all fairness, you can pick up a lot of knowledge off the internet. personally, i think the kid was a poser and a wannabe.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #108
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 190 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 293

[QUOTE=manta;
Morgan is just a pain in the ass the Americans that were sticking their noses into N Irelands affairs in the past caused a lot of lives here.[/QUOTE]

Please note, before you tar us all with the same brush, It was not your every day, run of the mill, American gun owner who were sticking their noses into Northern Ireland. It was the elitist power of our government that that sticks it's nose into everybody's business in the world, for what ever reason, with little regard to what we think. I am happy to say that "We the People", spoke out about not wanting to militarily intervene in Syria, and it didn't happen. Maybe there is hope for us yet

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

People Like This 
Old 09-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #109
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 190 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairbear1 View Post

They are relentless in their drive to ban guns for the "good of the people" and this is the sort of **** you Yanks will now be facing.
We have catch phrases here too. Ours is "For the children", or if you like, "Sandyhook", or "Columbine". Tragedies that our politicians want to do a quick easy fix buy attacking gun ownership, rather than finding out what the hard, physically challenging reasons are for why we have violent, sick elements, and fixing that.

And for the life of me, why they can want to ban guns in this country, because we are so violent, but want to send guns to Syria. Is it because Syria is a such a peaceful place? How does this reasoning work?

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

Old 09-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM2Grunt View Post
We have catch phrases here too. Ours is "For the children", or if you like, "Sandyhook", or "Columbine". Tragedies that our politicians want to do a quick easy fix buy attacking gun ownership, rather than finding out what the hard, physically challenging reasons are for why we have violent, sick elements, and fixing that.

And for the life of me, why they can want to ban guns in this country, because we are so violent, but want to send guns to Syria. Is it because Syria is a such a peaceful place? How does this reasoning work?
they use that as their catch-all phrase to explain why gun control laws are good. they use other things like, it's to help deter or stop violent incidents from happening. but just at the first of this year, when Obama tasked his VP Biden to look into new gun control laws, even Biden himself said, none of his proposals would have made any difference in the Sandy Hook or Aurora shootings.

so why would they want to pass new laws that are ineffective to begin with? simple. GUN CONTROL! control the people! just another attempt at shackling the LAC, and does nothing to hinder or dter any of the criminals or the mentally unstable.