I think concealed should be concealed. - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > I think concealed should be concealed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 02:47 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
I recently started openly carrying around town, basically started last Saturday while yard selling with the wife. Went to about 8 or 9 then out to eat with my parents at Burger King then a few more yard sales followed by home depot in the afternoon and then back to our hometown where we stopped at papa johns and ordered pizza. While the pizza cooked we walked to hibbett sports to get my 3 yr old a pair of shin guards as he is playing soccer at the local ymca. Not one person looked at me any different than if my piece was concealed, not one person asked why I had it. I'll tell you it was a little liberating to not have to worry about it. Once in awhile I do see other oc'ers but its not very often.
Not an option where I live. Many people think that Texas is an open-carry state. It isn't. Only peace officers can carry openly. Period, full stop.

"Valor needs first strength, then a weapon."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)

Old 09-03-2012, 01:12 AM   #72
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Washington is an open carry state, but I have a buddy that was OC ing on the west side of the state, and some libtard saw a gun and freaked.She called the police and when they showed up,they told him that yes it is legal to OC in Wa., but that he could still be cited for creating a disturbance(by disturbance he meant this woman bothering the police by calling in a man with a gun).They let him off with a warning and he hasn't been west of the cascades since.
I have carried concealed for 34 yrs in 3 states (including Cal.) and I would much rather no one like this woman or the BGs know I have the means to defend myself.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:55 AM   #73

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Great point. Sometimes having the right, is one thing. Whether it is wise is another.

I have the right to open carry, but I don't want the grief, or to possibly create anxiety or animosity in others.

Also if the time comes to defend others as well as myself, I want my being armed to be a surprise to the assailant.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #74

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts

And to think, this thread started over some guy complaining about someone printing. I knew this was the express fault of those damn Democrats.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #75

Liked 1839 Times on 1025 Posts
Likes Given: 1214

This thread started by me complaining about a guy deliberatly printing to look like a tough guy.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #76

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotenator
Washington is an open carry state, but I have a buddy that was OC ing on the west side of the state, and some libtard saw a gun and freaked.She called the police and when they showed up,they told him that yes it is legal to OC in Wa., but that he could still be cited for creating a disturbance(by disturbance he meant this woman bothering the police by calling in a man with a gun).They let him off with a warning and he hasn't been west of the cascades since.
I have carried concealed for 34 yrs in 3 states (including Cal.) and I would much rather no one like this woman or the BGs know I have the means to defend myself.
And that's ridiculous, it wasn't his gun that caused the disturbance, it was the libtards ignorance.

No way am I gonna live my life to please libtards and left wingers. I'm not breaking any laws, therefore I'm doing nothing wrong and have nothing to worry about.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Last edited by dragunovsks; 09-03-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #77

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

You did stimulate a lot of good conversation, and points of view. I've enjoyed the discussions.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #78

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967
This thread started by me complaining about a guy deliberatly printing to look like a tough guy.
Yes, I remember it clearly. Talk about your thread hijackings huh? LOL Anyway, I still think a tee shirt with an outline of a gun handle right in the print zone would be awesome!

Old 09-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #79

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i carry mainly because iv lost a car and didn't have a way to defend myself. i print usually in the summer not very bad but also not purposely. i am 6'3 and 130 pounds i carry a ruger sr9 not exactly a huge gun.. i appendix carry but sometimes you can still tell its thei.r that being said depending on how your built you cant always hide it completely..