I think concealed should be concealed.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > I think concealed should be concealed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1907 Times on 1061 Posts
Likes Given: 1261

Default I think concealed should be concealed.

While I was at Chick Fil A having dinner my wife she told me that she bumped into a guy and noticed he was packing. This was during the massive crowds the other night. I turned and looked at the crowd. Without her telling me who it was I picked the guy out of the crowd in about 10 to 15 seconds. The guy was wearing a light purple T shirt. It printed so bad it just screamed "GUN!" Are people really that stupid? I had on a pair of cargo shorts with my Kahr in the front pocket in a pocket holster. No one would have any idea I was packing. With as many people as wear baggy clothes, why would anyone not wear a shirt that is a little big for them? I mean really, if you insist on covering your gun with nothing but a t shirt please get one that is big enough to hide your gun!

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #2

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

So... That really was a gun in your pocket?

Old 08-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #3

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

I'll play the devil's advocate here...What are the chances someone who is not aware of such things picking up on the fact this guy was carrying? I have to think most people not in "the know" are oblivious to such things. (If someone did notice they probably thought it was a cellphone...) I do understand what you're saying though.

I wonder what his reaction would have been if you'd pointed it out to him...If that were me, I'd want someone to tell me I was printing...cuz, ya know...concealed is concealed...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #4

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Vincent. I think you're onto something. Most people are completely oblivious to EVERYTHING. They live in their little bubble of cell phone, facebook and twitter and fail to see anything around them. I am going to bet that 99% of the anti's could not pick out a guy who was printing, hell I bet most of them would not even know the guy was packing if his shirt lifted and the grip was exposed. That said, I too feel concealed is concealed and that means not printing, I bet the guy knew he was printing, I mean who does not take a quick look in the mirror after they put on their EDC and do a quick check? Of course I can't carry in public, but I am able to at work and I make DAMN sure I am not printing. The last thing I need is some customer having a freak out.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2969 Times on 1712 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Those of us who pack are more aware of others who pack because we "know" what "print" looks like and look to see who is failing.

Like getting a hug. When being approached by someone who I know is a "hugger", my arm on the firearm side is always presented lower, which forces the hugger's arm up and away from my piece.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #6

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1969 View Post
Vincent. I think you're onto something. Most people are completely oblivious to EVERYTHING. They live in their little bubble of cell phone, facebook and twitter and fail to see anything around them. I am going to bet that 99% of the anti's could not pick out a guy who was printing, hell I bet most of them would not even know the guy was packing if his shirt lifted and the grip was exposed. That said, I too feel concealed is concealed and that means not printing, I bet the guy knew he was printing, I mean who does not take a quick look in the mirror after they put on their EDC and do a quick check? Of course I can't carry in public, but I am able to at work and I make DAMN sure I am not printing. The last thing I need is some customer having a freak out.
I have a mirror right next to the front door for that very reason...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 08-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #7

Liked 393 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Those of us who pack are more aware of others who pack because we "know" what "print" looks like and look to see who is failing.

Like getting a hug. When being approached by someone who I know is a "hugger", my arm on the firearm side is always presented lower, which forces the hugger's arm up and away from my piece.
Agree with Vincent & Dan. We know what to look for, people who don't carry, aren't looking. Cell phones are getting so big most people figure that's what they see. That said, Rick does have a point. Concealed means just that. The guy should've been more discreet, took a look before he left the house.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #8

Liked 2612 Times on 1179 Posts
Likes Given: 2532

Hell a whole theater full of people didn't notice a guy carrying 3 guns dressed in armor. I think some of you guys need to get off your hall monitor horse and just mind your own business. I couldn't care less if somebody is printing it's none of my business.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1151 Times on 751 Posts
Likes Given: 690

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Hell a whole theater full of people didn't notice a guy carrying 3 guns dressed in armor. I think some of you guys need to get off your hall monitor horse and just mind your own business. I couldn't care less if somebody is printing it's none of my business.
it would be your business if you got a ticket or worse charges filed. because in some states printing is not legal!
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #10
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7338 Times on 4415 Posts
Likes Given: 9049

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
(If someone did notice they probably thought it was a cellphone...)
Until he's seen talking on his cell phone and the gun under his shirt is still printing.

I'm looking at this from a different point of view. I wonder if he WANTS people to see he's packing because he thinks it's cool. You know.........the "Mall Ninja" mentality.
People Like This