Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   I think concealed should be concealed. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/i-think-concealed-should-concealed-69530/)

Rick1967 08-03-2012 01:00 PM

I think concealed should be concealed.

While I was at Chick Fil A having dinner my wife she told me that she bumped into a guy and noticed he was packing. This was during the massive crowds the other night. I turned and looked at the crowd. Without her telling me who it was I picked the guy out of the crowd in about 10 to 15 seconds. The guy was wearing a light purple T shirt. It printed so bad it just screamed "GUN!" Are people really that stupid? I had on a pair of cargo shorts with my Kahr in the front pocket in a pocket holster. No one would have any idea I was packing. With as many people as wear baggy clothes, why would anyone not wear a shirt that is a little big for them? I mean really, if you insist on covering your gun with nothing but a t shirt please get one that is big enough to hide your gun!

trip286 08-03-2012 01:05 PM

So... That really was a gun in your pocket?

vincent 08-03-2012 01:22 PM

I'll play the devil's advocate here...What are the chances someone who is not aware of such things picking up on the fact this guy was carrying? I have to think most people not in "the know" are oblivious to such things. (If someone did notice they probably thought it was a cellphone...) I do understand what you're saying though.

I wonder what his reaction would have been if you'd pointed it out to him...If that were me, I'd want someone to tell me I was printing...cuz, ya know...concealed is concealed...:cool:

JD1969 08-03-2012 01:40 PM

Vincent. I think you're onto something. Most people are completely oblivious to EVERYTHING. They live in their little bubble of cell phone, facebook and twitter and fail to see anything around them. I am going to bet that 99% of the anti's could not pick out a guy who was printing, hell I bet most of them would not even know the guy was packing if his shirt lifted and the grip was exposed. That said, I too feel concealed is concealed and that means not printing, I bet the guy knew he was printing, I mean who does not take a quick look in the mirror after they put on their EDC and do a quick check? Of course I can't carry in public, but I am able to at work and I make DAMN sure I am not printing. The last thing I need is some customer having a freak out.

danf_fl 08-03-2012 01:45 PM

Those of us who pack are more aware of others who pack because we "know" what "print" looks like and look to see who is failing.

Like getting a hug. When being approached by someone who I know is a "hugger", my arm on the firearm side is always presented lower, which forces the hugger's arm up and away from my piece.

vincent 08-03-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD1969 (Post 891577)
Vincent. I think you're onto something. Most people are completely oblivious to EVERYTHING. They live in their little bubble of cell phone, facebook and twitter and fail to see anything around them. I am going to bet that 99% of the anti's could not pick out a guy who was printing, hell I bet most of them would not even know the guy was packing if his shirt lifted and the grip was exposed. That said, I too feel concealed is concealed and that means not printing, I bet the guy knew he was printing, I mean who does not take a quick look in the mirror after they put on their EDC and do a quick check? Of course I can't carry in public, but I am able to at work and I make DAMN sure I am not printing. The last thing I need is some customer having a freak out.

I have a mirror right next to the front door for that very reason...

Donn 08-03-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 891580)
Those of us who pack are more aware of others who pack because we "know" what "print" looks like and look to see who is failing.

Like getting a hug. When being approached by someone who I know is a "hugger", my arm on the firearm side is always presented lower, which forces the hugger's arm up and away from my piece.

Agree with Vincent & Dan. We know what to look for, people who don't carry, aren't looking. Cell phones are getting so big most people figure that's what they see. That said, Rick does have a point. Concealed means just that. The guy should've been more discreet, took a look before he left the house.

rjd3282 08-03-2012 03:56 PM

Hell a whole theater full of people didn't notice a guy carrying 3 guns dressed in armor. I think some of you guys need to get off your hall monitor horse and just mind your own business. I couldn't care less if somebody is printing it's none of my business.

jjfuller1 08-03-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjd3282 (Post 891669)
Hell a whole theater full of people didn't notice a guy carrying 3 guns dressed in armor. I think some of you guys need to get off your hall monitor horse and just mind your own business. I couldn't care less if somebody is printing it's none of my business.

it would be your business if you got a ticket or worse charges filed. because in some states printing is not legal!

winds-of-change 08-03-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincent (Post 891564)
(If someone did notice they probably thought it was a cellphone...)

Until he's seen talking on his cell phone and the gun under his shirt is still printing. :D

I'm looking at this from a different point of view. I wonder if he WANTS people to see he's packing because he thinks it's cool. You know.........the "Mall Ninja" mentality.