I made a holster using a mouse pad.

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > I made a holster using a mouse pad.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 05:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

Default I made a holster using a mouse pad.

Just an FYI for those looking for a holster.

I just got a Ruger SR40C and want a holster for it. I'm not sure yet if I want a pocket holster or an IWB holster. So I made a holster using a mouse pad. Got the idea from a fella on youtube who had done it. Still got lots to experiment with on this holster. Will probably make another using a much thinner mouse pad. This holster could be a pocket holster, or an IWB holster, or an OWB holster. You could sew 2 mouse pads together for a larger gun. The SR40C is about as large as I'd want to go for pocket carry. As the Ruger SR40C has a Glock like safety trigger, some don't even both with the 1911 style safety on the gun. I prefer to use it. Cargo pants should work better than my jeans for pocket carry. Now I have to practice with it a lot to see which carry method I prefer. I hope this give you some food for thought.

Don <><

http://youtu.be/7Yzgyx6Nx0Q

John 14:6 I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Last edited by genesis; 09-18-2012 at 05:58 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #2

Default abigguy

Very good.....makes a good temporary pocket holster.....and functional.....thanks for sharing

Old 09-20-2012, 04:22 AM   #3

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

A Remora for the DIY guy. I had the idea myself a while back, but've never been ambitious enough to apply it. Still won't, but I love it! Hahahaha