Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > I Join the Ranks of CCW Carriers!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 07:54 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 159
Default

Well, it doesn't get any more dumb than this. How could I be so effing stupid. I just received my Texas Concealed Carry MOB IWB holster from D.M. Bullard and it turns out I ordered the wrong hand. I ordered right hand (because I'm right handed), but apparently needed left hand since it will be worn MOB style. I am so disappointed. We conversed about it in emails, but when I sent the actual order, I neglected to remind him it was MOB, then maybe he may have caught my mistake.

It's a great looking, A+ quality holster though. But for now I am still stuck carrying in my purse.

__________________
themyst is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
Well, it doesn't get any more dumb than this. How could I be so effing stupid. I just received my Texas Concealed Carry MOB IWB holster from D.M. Bullard and it turns out I ordered the wrong hand. I ordered right hand (because I'm right handed), but apparently needed left hand since it will be worn MOB style. I am so disappointed. We conversed about it in emails, but when I sent the actual order, I neglected to remind him it was MOB, then maybe he may have caught my mistake.

It's a great looking, A+ quality holster though. But for now I am still stuck carrying in my purse.
Just order its opposite, then learn to shoot two handed, an you'll be good to go!


N.D.
__________________
N.D. is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:29 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 159
Default

Well, I thought about keeping it anyway and just learn to left-hand draw, but my husband said I didn't need anything slowing me down if I had to draw quick. So, Bullard has a return policy and I did email him to find out if it would be a terrible inconvenience to swap this out for a left-hand. If so, I'll probably order a left and just keep both anyway. It's really nice and feels good against my back. I am still in shock that I didn't think this one out right.

ETA: I did order another one, but Mr. Bullard contacted me and said this is a very common mistake and not to worry about it - just ship the RH draw back and he'll make me a left. What wonderful service ... I'm so happy to have one of his holsters.

__________________

Last edited by themyst; 02-11-2010 at 02:21 PM.
themyst is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:12 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
Well, I thought about keeping it anyway and just learn to left-hand draw, but my husband said I didn't need anything slowing me down if I had to draw quick. So, Bullard has a return policy and I did email him to find out if it would be a terrible inconvenience to swap this out for a left-hand. If so, I'll probably order a left and just keep both anyway. It's really nice and feels good against my back. I am still in shock that I didn't think this one out right.

ETA: I did order another one, but Mr. Bullard contacted me and said this is a very common mistake and not to worry about it - just ship the RH draw back and he'll make me a left. What wonderful service ... I'm so happy to have one of his holsters.
Now how awesome is that!?!

But ya just gotta think about how much fun it might have been at a private or outdoor improvised range to learn to "go Akimbo" with both guns going at multiple target set ups at the same time! lol
But seriously?
I heard . . 1 is none . . 2 is 1 . . but 3 is better.
I guess what I've been tryin to say in my own funny little way, is that first mistake holster you ordered could have been your BU holster for your BUG for when,
(read W/ a Pigeon French Accent) "Ze Merde' eeetz heetz zee vaontilator!" lol AKA WTSHTF but just for S&G'S you could have then practiced a lot to become ambidextrous and even went Bill Hickock W/ both pistols at the same time at a range just for a little bit of fun practice, kinda like some of the Single action six gunners still do at some of their old west action shoots.

Be careful + Be responsible + have fun = live long.

Best wishes
N.D
__________________
N.D. is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:17 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
Well, it doesn't get any more dumb than this. How could I be so effing stupid. I just received my Texas Concealed Carry MOB IWB holster from D.M. Bullard and it turns out I ordered the wrong hand. I ordered right hand (because I'm right handed), but apparently needed left hand since it will be worn MOB style. I am so disappointed. We conversed about it in emails, but when I sent the actual order, I neglected to remind him it was MOB, then maybe he may have caught my mistake.

It's a great looking, A+ quality holster though. But for now I am still stuck carrying in my purse.
Go easy on your self there is NO PERFECT in this world and your stated "dumb mistake" has a number of easy solutions, all of which you have already thought of I'm sure so I wont list them.
Gotta love that fresh Maine, seafood (I know I do!) especially the LOBSTER *Homer* LOBSTER MMMMM YUMMMMMMMY!
Be safe.

N.D.
__________________

Last edited by N.D.; 02-11-2010 at 06:34 PM. Reason: ADD.
N.D. is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:31 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 159
Default

Thanks for the vote of confidence, N.D.

My husband is full of himself gloating about this because I did not consult him first. He's a gun expert, but I have a bit of an independence streak in me and tried to handle it on my own, so my pride was wounded. Until I receive my new holster, that is. That Bullard fellow does some great work.

__________________
themyst is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:44 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Glasshartt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: El Paso,Tx
Posts: 1,897
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
Thanks for the vote of confidence, N.D.

"but I have a bit of an independence streak in me and tried to handle it on my own"
There's alot to be said about us "Independent Maine Women." You only learn by making mistakes, you will be more careful next time you place an order for holsters or other "gun leather." Believe me, I have made my share of mistakes, but as long as you learn from them, and don't make the same ones again, no harm, no foul.
__________________
Linda

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking


Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....
Glasshartt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:16 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 159
Default

Thanks, Glasshartt!

The only problem I have now is that I have to wait eight more weeks for the other holster. I live in the Styx part of Maine, so far out and so sparsely populated that they call it 'the other state of Maine', so there are no holsters readily available in the interim. Even the nearest Walmart is 45 minutes away, but I don't think they sell much of anything for pistol accessories anymore, except for ammunition.

__________________
themyst is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:09 AM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 154
Default A Funny story from the clown times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
Thanks for the vote of confidence, N.D.

My husband is full of himself gloating about this because I did not consult him first. He's a gun expert, but I have a bit of an independence streak in me and tried to handle it on my own, so my pride was wounded. Until I receive my new holster, that is. That Bullard fellow does some great work.
Your welcome and you deserve a break today! lol
Hey Don't feel bad that hubby's an expert, an your not an expert . . yet!

No offense intended but here's a little food for thought on the expert hubby issue, if you think I'm full of beans please just ignore this post, OK.

You could try to just lovingly point out to the OL gun expert -

*in a sweetly sad and gently submissive voice* *grin*

That you feel so short changed by life because you didn't come out of the Womb a gun expert, like he did and how unfair it is that you'll actually have to acquire all the knowledge through diligent study, training and experience.

OR

You could do what 1 of my GF's did to me when I was young dumb and full of *** ah . . er myself?.

(funny story)

A Funny thing happened to me on my way to growing up, Way back in the day. . .

My girl went complete dumb blond on me, and I mean completely "vapid" to the point that the only things she could figure out how to do for herself was her nails and eating and drinking, all the rest was all me doing it for her because ya know she was too dumb to understand my explanation on how to do it for herself. . .

soooo about 5 hrs or so later and
I was SOOOOOOOOO ready to pull my hair out, and scream, that she felt sorry for me an cut me a break and just let me have a really good, clear picture of just how intelligent and capable she really was including all the things she had been letting me think she needed me for!

Well after that frustrating, very humbling experience I definitely dialed the HE MAN hormones down a couple notches and from there on out I only occasionally did the HE MAN chest beating thing.

OR

You could just tell him
" humility shows character and grows out of love and wisdom"

Hey I'm just sayin . . .

But . . . YMMV

Congratulations on that fine hand crafted Bullard holster
and enjoy it!

Good luck N.D.
__________________
N.D. is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Milwaukee cops to arrest open carriers Gojubrian Politics, Religion and Controversy 20 04-27-2009 09:13 AM
Joined the ranks bernie AR-15 Discussion 15 01-15-2009 03:37 PM
Should I join the NRA? funkylizard The Club House 10 07-29-2008 08:51 PM
Long distance phone carriers opaww The Club House 12 07-11-2008 10:20 AM
Join the NRA: Samhain The Club House 12 03-05-2008 06:51 PM