Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > "I Have A Gun!" - Things Not To Say To A Cop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 06:27 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2442 Times on 1391 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

OKAY,

Two things NOT to say when you are pulled over:

1) Yes, I really do know why you pulled me over, but if I tell

you, you'll probably write me a bunch more tickets...

2) Hey, is there any chance you can tone down the lights a little?

I may want to have children some day...

Old 05-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #32

wolf- i live halfway between savannah and jacksonville on i95. not sure where your ticket was written, but i get passed by northeastern plated cars all the time. if disney ever put a mouse house up your way we would have no traffic at all here.
lot of road widening being down, and repairs. you got to pay attention. i drive non-descript vehicles and regularly go ten over on interstate, and get passed all day long. come back down and enjoy the history, food, and culture- just keep your foot light around the little tiny signs, and you will be fine. glad you have you enjoy our state!

Old 05-27-2011, 09:59 PM   #33

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

My father in-law is a retired LE. He told me to never say I have a gun, but to tell the officer that I have a CCW permit and I am carrying while both hands are on the steering wheel. Then ask the officer how he would like to proceed. So far the response has been "Thank you for letting me know".

Old 05-27-2011, 10:23 PM   #34

Liked 675 Times on 360 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Nice post.
I've only gotten pulled over with a gun in my truck once and it was many many years ago when I lived in Indiana.
All of my truck info was under the center arm rest (under the fire arm I placed in there before leaving the house) when he asked for it. I started by telling him that that his job was stressful enough and that I had a carry permit and I would feel better if i exited the truck and he got it out himself.
He did just that, later thanked me for not freaking him out, and gave me a warning after he had pulled me over for going 30+ mph over the limit.

Old 05-28-2011, 05:47 AM   #35

Liked 2442 Times on 1391 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhall053 View Post
wolf- i live halfway between savannah and jacksonville on i95. not sure where your ticket was written, but i get passed by northeastern plated cars all the time. if disney ever put a mouse house up your way we would have no traffic at all here.
lot of road widening being down, and repairs. you got to pay attention. i drive non-descript vehicles and regularly go ten over on interstate, and get passed all day long. come back down and enjoy the history, food, and culture- just keep your foot light around the little tiny signs, and you will be fine. glad you have you enjoy our state!
Yeah, 301N out of Florida.

Don't do Disney.

As I stated earlier, your state had it's chance to get thousands of

my tourist dollars, and chose to piss it out the window for a measly

165$ ticket. I vote with my wallet, and Georgia will never get 1 more dime

from me.