Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > "I Have A Gun!" - Things Not To Say To A Cop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 07:51 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

all right no jokes my real name is sterling johnson. but my favorite
would be clevon little (pardon me while i whip this out)

i have seen the light

Old 04-01-2011, 03:16 AM   #12
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Dick "Big Johnson" has another article here;

The Big Unit's take on HD Shotguns

Is Dick related to that guy in Nantucket?

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:07 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Good stuff Cane!! Useful info yet, interestingly humorous

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. ARMED FORCES don't have that problem."
Ronald Wilson Reagan, 1911-2004, 40th President of the United States of America

Old 04-02-2011, 10:38 PM   #14

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

I hate getting pulled over as I'm always armed, running the numbers takes forever.

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 04-04-2011, 02:55 PM   #15

Liked 111 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarble View Post
I still got mine a few weeks ago. I'm not that big a fan of anyone carrying without at least gone to a class about what and what not to do.
We've been doing it with open carry since this place was a territory with pretty good success.

Old 04-09-2011, 03:12 PM   #16

I've been pulled over twice since I got my permit. Ohio requires you to inform the officer if you're carrying. The first time, I had a busted tail light and my rear plate wasn't illuminated enough for his liking. I didn't even have my weapon on me, but the officer's first question was what I was carrying and wanted to see my permit/license. Once everything checked out he gave me a warning and said I had 48 hours to fix my sh!t and show an officer at the local precinct. The second time, I ran a red light. I was armed since my commute takes me through an awful part of Cleveland. I immediately said I have a permit for the state of Ohio and my weapon was in the center console. The officer couldn't have cared less that I was carrying. Just wrote me a ticket and took off without even glancing at my permit. I was in a different suburb each time. That's the only logical conclusion I can come to for the disparity in treatment between these two experiences.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:35 PM   #17

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo View Post
I hate getting pulled over as I'm always armed, running the numbers takes forever.
Just curious, how often do they run your numbers on the gun? Is that a standard procedure where you live?

The only time you can have too much ammunition is if you're swimming or on fire!

Gun stores: Where the morbidly obese can pretend to be mercenaries, allude to past experiences in Special Ops, and overuse words like "tactical" and "piece of kit".

Old 04-12-2011, 05:00 AM   #18

No matter what you say to the officer it all depends on that officers mood. Last nightI got pulled over for a minor traffic violation, when the officer aproached I Handed him my DL and CPL. Officer asked If I was armed I said yes. Officer automaticly takes about 3 steps back and places his hand on his gun. He then has me place my hands on the headliner and opens the door removing my firearm. about 5 minutes later he comes back and hands me my gun and magazine telling me he cleared it and not to reload untill he drives away. Quite a bit of an over reaction in my book, the worst part is that I carry +1 and only got an empty pistol and full magazine back. Wheres my +1 round? I was robbed by the WA Sate Patrol.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:53 AM   #19
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Wow Jared, I live in the same state and never had an encounter like that with the WSP or any other LEO's, I always hand my CPL with my DL and only once in a lot of years did an officer ask for me to produce my firearm "for officer safety", he had me remove it from the holster and hand it to him. He cleared the firearm and (I also carry +1). When he returned my firearm the mag was out and the +1 was with it. Call WSP and let them know you are short your +1, I expect it was at best an oversight as the LEO isn't out collecting +1's for range time.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:55 PM   #20

Liked 2442 Times on 1391 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
No matter what you say to the officer it all depends on that officers mood. Last nightI got pulled over for a minor traffic violation, when the officer aproached I Handed him my DL and CPL. Officer asked If I was armed I said yes. Officer automaticly takes about 3 steps back and places his hand on his gun. He then has me place my hands on the headliner and opens the door removing my firearm. about 5 minutes later he comes back and hands me my gun and magazine telling me he cleared it and not to reload untill he drives away. Quite a bit of an over reaction in my book, the worst part is that I carry +1 and only got an empty pistol and full magazine back. Wheres my +1 round? I was robbed by the WA Sate Patrol.
I'd wager paws to perdition that officer jacked your +1 onto the ground,

sent you on your way, and proceeded to the nearest bathroom to change his

shorts...