Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   I finally got it! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/i-finally-got-40620/)

cddbrowns 04-01-2011 03:01 AM

I finally got it!
 
Came in the mail today, just opened the mail and THERE IT IS! My CCW IS HERE! Look out bad guys!

winds-of-change 04-01-2011 03:28 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Don't make me nervous by being so eager, though. :) I hope you never have to use it.

cddbrowns 04-01-2011 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 476978)
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Don't make me nervous by being so eager, though. :) I hope you never have to use it.

LOL! Ill try harder to conceal my excitement. Nah, its more about how LONG you have to wait for these things. FINALLY!

CA357 04-01-2011 03:50 AM

Congratulations! :cool:

skullcrusher 04-01-2011 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cddbrowns (Post 476981)
LOL! Ill try harder to conceal my excitement. Nah, its more about how LONG you have to wait for these things. FINALLY!

Congrats. How long is the wait in VA? Can't you get them on-line in VA?

7.62 Man 04-01-2011 05:33 AM

Congrats! Just got mine too, I did it on line. It took a whole 8 days that is encluding a weekend. A friend of mine did a re-up to a lifetime on paper over 3 months ago & is still waiting.:eek:
Do you have a CCW yet?

Lindenwood 04-01-2011 06:18 AM

Wow that is interesting that they will mail it to you. We have to pick them up at the Police Station here (presumably to make sure it ends up in the right hands, for which I won't fault them). I remember being super excited when I first got my license. I took the course several months before I turned 21, and then turned in my paperwork on my 21st birthday heh. Mine was in a few days before I left before Xmas vacation, so that was nice.

danf_fl 04-01-2011 09:54 AM

cd, please remember that the permit allows you to carry, not to hunt.

And CONGRATS!

NGIB 04-01-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 477047)
cd, please remember that the permit allows you to carry, not to hunt.

And CONGRATS!

I'll echo Dan here. A permit to carry does not make you a cop, ninja, or defender of the realm...

cddbrowns 04-01-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullcrusher (Post 477014)
Congrats. How long is the wait in VA? Can't you get them on-line in VA?

You can take the class online, but I have yet to find anything that allows VA people to apply online. You can download the app, fill it out and take it in if you want, but not submitting it online. Takes about 45 days to get it, and one good thing is if youre a vet, you dont have to take a class or anything, just present your DD214.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7.62 Man (Post 477024)
Congrats! Just got mine too, I did it on line. It took a whole 8 days that is encluding a weekend. A friend of mine did a re-up to a lifetime on paper over 3 months ago & is still waiting.:eek:
Do you have a CCW yet?

I have a Sigma 40 and an LCP, but now that I have the CCW, I can buy more than one handgun per 30 days (bought a 1911 in March), thinking about going and trading both in for an XDM today. Have to see. I dont like the LCP at all....

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 477047)
cd, please remember that the permit allows you to carry, not to hunt.

And CONGRATS!

Damn it! (kicks dirt)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 477052)
I'll echo Dan here. A permit to carry does not make you a cop, ninja, or defender of the realm...

So wait, my dreams of being a ninja cop that carries a 45 and a battle axe are STILL not coming true? CRAP!


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:29 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.