I can't believe it! - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

I can't believe it!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 06:53 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I live in Pa, $25 and a few weeks later you are good to go, no class,no finger prints, they do a quick criminal check on you and thats it.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostman2nv
I live in Pa, $25 and a few weeks later you are good to go, no class,no finger prints, they do a quick criminal check on you and thats it.
Took you a few weeks? I live in PA and got it same day! $25 fill out the paper work, took a photo and walked out with a permit.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:22 PM   #33

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I got mine in lehigh county about a year ago, maybe its faster now

Old 12-12-2011, 09:08 PM   #34

Liked 285 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Michigan you have to take a CPL class thats eight hours long then you have to get finger printed then depending on what county your in it could take a week or it could take seven months. Im going on three weeks right now and cant wait to get it in the mail. And it cost $105 every five years. But if thats what i need to do then thats what i gotta do.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:19 AM   #35
DX1

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTurf View Post
I would hate to think what it might be like getting a permit in states like IL, CA, MA, etc. I think they are pretty reasonable here in ID.
Actually, it can be fairly easy to get a carry permit in MA, depending on where you live. The decision rests entirely with the local chief of police, so if you live in a more rural town where the chiefs tend to support gun ownership, it's pretty routine. If you live in a city like Boston or Cambridge, it can be really difficult if not impossible. The really stupid thing about MA is that there are all these restrictions on the types of guns you can own (you can't buy a Glock made after the mid-1980s, for example), but all that is required to apply for a carry permit is a three-hour course on gun safety that does not even have to include firing a gun of any kind.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:46 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX1
The really stupid thing about MA is that there are all these restrictions on the types of guns you can own (you can't buy a Glock made after the mid-1980s, for example)
Any idea what the rationale is behind those restrictions?

Old 12-13-2011, 04:34 AM   #37

Well I picked up a brand new Glock 26 at BW Outfitters in Adair Iowa today for $525.00, and the wife just entered the payment info for a Max Tuck holster from White Hat holsters for me. So I hope it makes it here by Christmas. Also picked up 300 rounds of ammo so tomorrow should be a fun day 2 friends coming over to shoot some stuff up!

Old 12-13-2011, 04:44 PM   #38
DX1

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DX1
The really stupid thing about MA is that there are all these restrictions on the types of guns you can own (you can't buy a Glock made after the mid-1980s, for example)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phburks View Post
Any idea what the rationale is behind those restrictions?
It's complicated, as only governments can be. There are two separate branches of state government involved, and each has its own set of requirements for things like trigger pull, testing for misfires, and it goes on and on. Many manufacturers -- Glock, Kimber and others -- don't even bother to take all the time to jump through the hoops to get their guns "Massachusetts compliant" or prove that they are, as the market in MA isn't big enough for them to warrant it.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:24 PM   #39

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

That was my favorite thing when I lived in Iowa. The permit lets you buy a long gun without having to run the FBI check!

Old 12-15-2011, 10:45 PM   #40

Liked 285 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 2

In michigan for a long gun all it takes is about 5min of paper work and your done. But to get a pistol without a cpl you have to get a permit to purchase that has to be notorized and a portion of the permit has to be handed back to the police department in the city you live in. Way to long of a process. If you have a cpl all you do is walk in buy the hand gun and you still need to drop off a section of the "permit" to the police, but that is given to you from the place you bought the hand gun so its not to bad. Even though im still waiting for my cpl to come in the mail.......

Newest Threads