I bought this in car holster rig... love it - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > I bought this in car holster rig... love it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 12:05 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller View Post
In Kentucky you have to put it in a factory installed box ie center console, glove box etc. if you don't have your CC. If you have your CC then it can be anywhere and no limit to amount of loaded guns.
I thought it had to be in what was listed in the manual as a glove box. If the center console is not called a glove box then it is illegally concealed...Without a permit anyway. There was some local hoopla around here a while back and the whole case hinged on weather or not the compartment that the pistol was storied in was called a Glove Compartment or not. Seems with the addition of so many little doors in some newer trucks it was becoming an issue. Though I don't remember how that case ended when it was all settled. The local cops all seem to be of the opinion though that it has to be called a glove compartment.
All that was about 5-6 years ago. I always put it in a Glove box if I wasn't carrying it with me and I was out of the vehicle. It's usually in plain sight when I'm in the car though.

I guess I really need to look that back up in the KRS

Edit to add:
From Ky State Police site..

RS 527.020(8) states in part that:
"A loaded or unloaded firearm or other deadly weapon shall not be deemed concealed on or about the person if it is located in any enclosed container, compartment, or storage space installed as original equipment in a motor vehicle by its manufacturer, including but not limited to a glove compartment, center console, or seat pocket, regardless of whether said enclosed container, storage space, or compartment is locked, unlocked, or does not have a locking mechanism. No person or organization, public or private, shall prohibit a person from keeping a loaded or unloaded firearm or ammunition, or both, or other deadly weapon in a vehicle in accordance with the provisions of this subsection. Any attempt by a person or organization, public or private, to violate the provisions of this subsection may be the subject of an action for appropriate relief or for damages in a Circuit Court or District Court of competent jurisdiction. This subsection shall not apply to any person prohibited from possessing a firearm pursuant to KRS 527.040."

So there you go. I was not correct. Thanks limbkiller for forcing me to actually look up facts that I apparently have been misinformed about for a while.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by DrumJunkie; 10-08-2013 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Added info.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:13 AM   #22

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

Love it, quick and easy access. But yeah I'm Texas too so

Old 10-08-2013, 07:48 AM   #23

Liked 104 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Handgun has to be CONCEALED in vehicle----That rig wud put it in plain view--
in wa even if the gun is in plain view in a vehicle [just says vehicle, so i guess bikes count] state law says it is considered concealed. but it is an open carry state, so if you dont have a permit recognized by the state, you have to unload before entering your car.

i like kentucky, the weather not so much. texas needs to adopt open carry.