I bought this in car holster rig... love it - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > I bought this in car holster rig... love it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 511 Times on 313 Posts

We'll the good thing is that Texas and Oklahoma
Oklahomans with concealed handgun licenses issued by their home state now can legally carry concealed handguns in Texas, and vice versa.

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 10-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #12

Liked 1834 Times on 1023 Posts
Likes Given: 1211

I would be concerned that would make a lot of rookie cops very nervous. Not that you are doing anything wrong. But I like being able to calmly tell an officer that I am armed before he sees it for himself. I could see a cop immediately drawing down on you...and maybe even making you lay in the dirt outside your car before he lets you show him your permit. Not saying you shouldn't use it. But I think I would locate it somewhere that it is not in plain view from the drivers window.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #13

Liked 916 Times on 486 Posts
Likes Given: 670

In Kentucky you have to put it in a factory installed box ie center console, glove box etc. if you don't have your CC. If you have your CC then it can be anywhere and no limit to amount of loaded guns.

USMC 74-78

Old 10-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigFan
Got my CCW for the great State of Ohio and wanted an in car holster to carry my Sig P239 while driving. It's great. When I get to where I'm going I just re holster in my OWB holster. Sits right next to my knee for easy grab while driving. Has a place next to it to carry an extra mag. Thought you might like it. https://tcholsters.refersion.com/c/fb6
Nice rig. Congrats.

Rick, I agree with what you're saying that some cops would get nervous about it. Its unfortunate, but part of life.

Always have clean socks.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #15

Liked 1095 Times on 656 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigFan
actually my hand fits perfectly on the grip. the grip of the Sig while driving sits above the console and is about 2 inches away from the panel. Enjoying my freedom to carry legally. Hope it lasts.
Well that's awesome then. In my vehicle it sits under my leg and ZGs vehicle it sits next to the parking brake handle. I might have to think about that set up.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

yes, I check if driving state to state. I have been pulled over twice while driving. Of course at the initial stop I tell the officer I have my OH CCW. Point to where the in car holster is... both times I was not carrying as I was on a short errand drive. Both times the officer did not have any problem with the in car holster.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #17

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Handgun has to be CONCEALED in vehicle----That rig wud put it in plain view--
I was thinking too that doesn't look concealed. If your state doesn't allow open carry that could be in violation.

What if you had a flap of some sort to drop over it matching the interior? Would that suffice for concealed?

Our laws are the same as AA's post.

To others posts: It makes it difficult when you have to remember all the reciprocity rules from state to state. Better hope you never forget.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 10-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #18

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
It doesn't look like a lot of room for your hand to grip the firearm. Is there ample room for your hand? It's looks like a nice set up. Congrats on your CCW permit.
If you look at the link to the site there is a spacer kit that holds the weapon away from the console wall. Pretty cool!

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 10-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #19

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
I was thinking too that doesn't look concealed. If your state doesn't allow open carry that could be in violation.

What if you had a flap of some sort to drop over it matching the interior? Would that suffice for concealed?

Our laws are the same as AA's post.

To others posts: It makes it difficult when you have to remember all the reciprocity rules from state to state. Better hope you never forget.
As long as its fully concealed------
Hell- I quit leaving Texas yrs ago------

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 10-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #20

Liked 79 Times on 55 Posts

The drivers leg probably blocks the pistol from view,, move your leg, open carry,,, lift your leg, concealed..... cool