I was almost assaulted today! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

I was almost assaulted today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 02:25 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I had something like this happen several years ago. I was a passenger when the driver pulled in to a parking spot and got a little too close for the comfort of a guy walking to his car parked in the next spot. When we got out of the car he got in an argument with the driver. It got heated. The guy was probably 6'3" 230lbs. The driver 5'7" 150 lbs. I am 5'7" and about 180 lbs at the time. I got between them when it looked obvious that he was going to punch my friend the driver. He shoved me and came in with his fists up. I dropped back with the shove and caught him just below the belt line with a solid side kick as he came in. I pulled it a little since I did not want to hurt him too bad. He was coming in though so it was a solid kick. He doubled over a bit and backed off. About this time his wife had pulled their car around and he left with her. Nothing else came of it.

I did not own a gun at the time but I was into karate big time and though I was billy bad ass. Ten years, extra pounds and a bad knee later and I carry a CCW.....

Old 12-17-2009, 06:58 AM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelt View Post
I had something like this happen several years ago. I was a passenger when the driver pulled in to a parking spot and got a little too close for the comfort of a guy walking to his car parked in the next spot. When we got out of the car he got in an argument with the driver. It got heated. The guy was probably 6'3" 230lbs. The driver 5'7" 150 lbs. I am 5'7" and about 180 lbs at the time. I got between them when it looked obvious that he was going to punch my friend the driver. He shoved me and came in with his fists up. I dropped back with the shove and caught him just below the belt line with a solid side kick as he came in. I pulled it a little since I did not want to hurt him too bad. He was coming in though so it was a solid kick. He doubled over a bit and backed off. About this time his wife had pulled their car around and he left with her. Nothing else came of it.

I did not own a gun at the time but I was into karate big time and though I was billy bad ass. Ten years, extra pounds and a bad knee later and I carry a CCW.....
Cool a karateka! What style?

Old 12-17-2009, 10:36 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Cool a karateka! What style?
Sheeto-Ryu (spelled it wrong on purpose so it would not change it to stars), I also took some Tae Kwon Do for a while too.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:01 AM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Sh1to-ryu..........

Yes, another yet softer Okinawan (originally) style. TKD is bad for you.

Last edited by Gojubrian; 12-17-2009 at 11:02 AM. Reason: lol @ ****o-ryu

Old 12-17-2009, 09:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Sh1to-ryu..........

Yes, another yet softer Okinawan (originally) style. TKD is bad for you.
TKD will make some people neglect their hands and rely only on their kicks. In that way it can be bad for you. It has some good training elements to it though.

I have not trained much in years. I blew my knee out.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:28 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Sasquatch, i didn't see this thread; maybe it is time to move to the 'burbs man.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:49 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Sasquatch, i didn't see this thread; maybe it is time to move to the 'burbs man.
yeah, well, even people that live in the burbs have to travel to the mall every now and then...