Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   I was almost assaulted today! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/i-almost-assaulted-today-21092/)

feedsasquatch 12-13-2009 10:13 PM

I was almost assaulted today!

So I pull up into the mall parking lot, and this red Ford Probe flies up behind me. No big deal, its Christmas season and everybody wants a parking spot. Well, I need to back up because of the way the lot is designed, so I put my car in reverse, and the car behind me doesn't budge. I honk gently, nothing. I honk again, a bit longer. He gets mad and gives me just enough room to back out of the way. This is where things get interesting...

As I back up I stop to turn around. As soon as I stop, the guy jumps out of his car, darts toward mine, yelling and cursing, and tries to open my door!!! I had just enough time to lock my manual door, and peel out of the parking lot. I wasn't about to take on a 225+ lb white male in his 40's...

He got back in his car to follow me, but I was able to lose him in the holiday car crowd mess... I called the police and they'd said they'd "check into it" but I couldn't get a DL # immediately (I did get it 2 hours later...)

I have no idea what I did to tick him off. But that was way too close for comfort. It all went down so fast! One second I'm thinking that this guy is just an idiot trying to get a parking spot, and the very next he's trying to assault me!!! I don't even want to think about what would have gone down had he opened my car door. I definitely would have feared serious bodily injury at the time though, and would not have hesitated to respond to that threat in a proper manner...

feedsasquatch 12-13-2009 10:19 PM

And you know what the police would have done for me at the time had I needed them? NOTHING!!! They would have showed up 1/2 an hour later to file the report...

lonyaeger 12-13-2009 10:26 PM

Boy, this, along with your last experience....sounds like Louisville is a really bad place!

CA357 12-13-2009 10:52 PM

This is not good. :mad:

ssmith3351 12-13-2009 11:08 PM

Glad you're okay and you did the right thing. Get out if you can. If push came to shove (and I hope I never have to) and the guy opened the door I would have probably drawn my gun. LIkely it would have only pissed the guy off, but defense of one's self and property are defendable.

~Steve

feedsasquatch 12-14-2009 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonyaeger (Post 199058)
Boy, this, along with your last experience....sounds like Louisville is a really bad place!

Some parts are worse than others... I've been here 4 years now and never had any issues like this till recently. This is getting ridiculous. I think I need to pick up Gracie Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai again; and maybe Krav Maga too. Not every situation calls for lethal force...

lonyaeger 12-14-2009 12:13 AM

Well, I wish you nothing but the best in the future. Hopefully just coincidence.:)

themyst 12-14-2009 12:43 AM

I read this news article the other day: Gun deaths tried to fray the thin blue line in '09 - Yahoo! News

And this quote really got to me:

"There's an increasingly desperate population out there," said Eugene O'Donnell, a professor of police studies at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York. "Other than in rare cases for ideological reasons, we really haven't seen people taking on the cops head-to-head. Something is amiss. It should be cause for grave concern."

I know the article was focusing on gun violence toward police, but I think we're seeing it more in all aspects of normal life, too. More people than ever seem to be getting angry and desperate. :(

stalkingbear 12-14-2009 02:33 AM

You did the right thing. Usually bullies like that step back & run when someone my size gets out of my truck though. It's fun to watch them run.

Gojubrian 12-14-2009 09:21 AM

I'll bet they do Bear,lol!!

IMO I think that guy was looking for trouble. Probably some hothead that thinks he needs to take on the world and make people see things his way.

I wouldn't have gotten out either. It's best to just leave like you did. No reason to pull a gun unless he has a weapon.

++++++ On taking up martial arts again! :)