Hypothetical situation for training and discussion: Please play along - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Hypothetical situation for training and discussion: Please play along

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2011, 02:39 AM   #41
WDB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Unless u leave ur house house everyday looking for trouble u dont pick where u will encounter a BG. You are right saying tht u have better things to do other than argue with some POS at a mini mart, but do u think tht they give a damn. If a BG is hell bent on fatally injuring u, u can say " leave me alone,im at a mini mart and i have better things to do!" but they arent known for being considerate. U just may not have the option to walk away.... Even at a mini mart
I don't know if your texting or just not willing to spell. I can say 99.9% of the time you can walk away, the .001% yes be ready for. Beieng armed shouldn't change what you would do. I act as if I'm holding the hand of a child instead of being armed and ready to throw down. Be smart and remove yourself from the situation, last resort is conflict. I am able to hold my own, no need to express being a bad azz, I live in the real world and try my best to offer advice that has served me well. If it isn't for you, I understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:44 AM   #42

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB

I don't know if your texting or just not willing to spell. I can say 99.9% of the time you can walk away, the .001% yes be ready for. Beieng armed shouldn't change what you would do. I act as if I'm holding the hand of a child instead of being armed and ready to throw down. Be smart and remove yourself from the situation, last resort is conflict. I am able to hold my own, no need to express being a bad azz, I live in the real world and try my best to offer advice that has served me well. If it isn't for you, I understand.
I also understand wat u r saying.....and yes im writing in text form, not just being lazy.. I am using my iphone

Old 09-24-2011, 03:37 AM   #43

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Statute of limitations, u would have within 6 months to charge the crotch rocket kid for A&B and probly public indecency
Six months to charge him with the willy wave. There would be NO agg asst charge. He was totally within his rights to defend himself. However...one could make the argument that the urinating on the biker was an assault in and of itself and could be prosecuted as such. Moreover...it could ALSO be considered a sexual assault. Having seen the tape...I think the whizzing was DESERVED.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:36 AM   #44
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I would try to defuse the situation. I would try to be nice and walk away but, if that SOB so much as makes a move in the general direction of my gun, he will be on the floor with 2 bullet holes in him before he could blink.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:29 PM   #45

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Kicker Part Deux:

In Arizona, we now have what is called "Defensive Display" where someone carrying a firearm may now show that he/she is armed in an attempt to stop a violent attack.

This would have been called brandishing in earlier times or in some other jurisdictions. Now...it's part of AZ A.R.S.

For example:

Good Guy Joe is walking to his car from the store.

Bad Guy Bill or Bad Guy Bill and his pals confront Good Guy Joe and say "We are desperadoes, and we plan skullduggery of the highest order, and plan to carry out said skullduggery upon your person."

Good Guy Joe sweeps his cover garment (remember when we just called it a shirt or jacket????) places his hand upon his defensive sidearm and says: "Alright you rascals of low breeding and poor manners...I am armed, and if you attempt to carry out your aforementioned skullduggery upon my person, I shall be forced to defend myself and repel the previously mentioned skullduggery with all the force which is neccessary to facilitate the cessation of your skullduggerous behavior."

Back in the days of yore...THAT could have been considered assault with a deadly weapon. Now...any savvy cop worthy of the name, and badge, would NEVER have charged Good Guy Joe with anything...but I could have happened. NOW...Good Guy Joe is within the law and within his rights. Good Guy Joe can't DRAW his weapon until a reasopnable person would believe that the violence is imminent...but to uncover and make READY to draw...he is golden.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #46

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Man I just got a real kick out of those statements in quotations. We are planning skullduggery of the highest order...

Old 09-24-2011, 01:59 PM   #47
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2474 Times on 1326 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaLawman View Post
Kicker Part Deux:

In Arizona, we now have what is called "Defensive Display" where someone carrying a firearm may now show that he/she is armed in an attempt to stop a violent attack.

This would have been called brandishing in earlier times or in some other jurisdictions. Now...it's part of AZ A.R.S.

For example:

Good Guy Joe is walking to his car from the store.

Bad Guy Bill or Bad Guy Bill and his pals confront Good Guy Joe and say "We are desperadoes, and we plan skullduggery of the highest order, and plan to carry out said skullduggery upon your person."

Good Guy Joe sweeps his cover garment (remember when we just called it a shirt or jacket????) places his hand upon his defensive sidearm and says: "Alright you rascals of low breeding and poor manners...I am armed, and if you attempt to carry out your aforementioned skullduggery upon my person, I shall be forced to defend myself and repel the previously mentioned skullduggery with all the force which is neccessary to facilitate the cessation of your skullduggerous behavior."

Back in the days of yore...THAT could have been considered assault with a deadly weapon. Now...any savvy cop worthy of the name, and badge, would NEVER have charged Good Guy Joe with anything...but I could have happened. NOW...Good Guy Joe is within the law and within his rights. Good Guy Joe can't DRAW his weapon until a reasopnable person would believe that the violence is imminent...but to uncover and make READY to draw...he is golden.
You're a poet.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 09-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #48

I would pull out my 7" Ka Bar and tell him he is going to die. If he approaches any further, looking at a 7" blade he has a serious death wish. I don't **** with random crazy people trying to start ****. If it was someone I knew or at least knew of it would be different. As far a total stranger at a gas station... I can only assume they wish me deathly harm. Armed or not.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #49

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
And after doing tht the next thing you will hear is ur miranda warning... Just because a person hits you, you CANNOT immediately escilate to deadly force..your life is not in immediate danger. Fight back if u can, run if u have to but u cant shoot the guy.Ur just asking to be arrested
I believe you are wrong. Simple physics is that if a person continued to pursue me after being warned I was armed, It proves he is the aggressor and is not rational. If he strikes me even one time in the face or head, he can almost certainly injure me badly and maybe even render me unconscious where he could take my gun and kill myself or others.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:25 PM   #50

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bountyhunter
I believe you are wrong. Simple physics is that if a person continued to pursue me after being warned I was armed, It proves he is the aggressor and is not rational. If he strikes me even one time in the face or head, he can almost certainly injure me badly and maybe even render me unconscious where he could take my gun and kill myself or others.
And i may be wrong where you live, not trying to offend you.. Ive seen situations where a person used deadly force after they got popped a few times by another person and they were charged with attempted murder. I seen another instance where a boyfriend and girlfriend got into a fight, BF beat the GF pretty good..GF shot and killed BF.. GF was charged with manslaughter and after months and months barely got off, only because BF had a history of domestic violence. This is of course in oklahoma