How old were you when you decided to get your CCW and why? - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > How old were you when you decided to get your CCW and why?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I'll be 60 next month and have had a permit since I was 21. Just thought I would be a responsible gun owner and if I wanted to carry I could. Only had to pull a gun once and it scared away the bad guy.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #82

I was 40 and I can thank Obama, thought I would get it before he took that right from me.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #83

Liked 4785 Times on 2314 Posts
Likes Given: 1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by elglockeroloko30 View Post
Get out! Really? You must be some kind of genious! I didn't know that. The way you asume that by comparing stupid laws here to stupid laws in the US, i implied tha PR is a state is just GENIOUS!!!!
We seem to have a serious problem with new member who choose to use the word Glock anywhere in there screen name.

Given recent rants and the resulting locked threads associated with them I feel that we, as a community must identify and deal with this issue. I'll leave the treatment options up to the wisdom of our illustrious moderators BUT would offically like to classify this new phenomenon as...

"Panties in a Bunch Syndrome" or PBS for short.

TACK

Old 01-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #84

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I got mine just a couple years ago, never had the money to do it till then. As far as why, personal protection for myself and my fiancée when we're out. And FL is no innocent state, if you don't carry in the "Gunshine State" something is wrong.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #85

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

We seem to have a serious problem with new member who choose to use the word Glock anywhere in there screen name.

Given recent rants and the resulting locked threads associated with them I feel that we, as a community must identify and deal with this issue. I'll leave the treatment options up to the wisdom of our illustrious moderators BUT would offically like to classify this new phenomenon as...

TACK
Or Block Head Syndrome-BHS

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 01-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #86

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I was 23. It was just after that nut job took a shotgun to the SLC mall back in 2007 and killed 5 people before the cops made sure "he got his." I don't go to SLC much, but one of my favorite restaurant's happens to be in that mall. The Rodizio Grill. Awesome. "Ain't no whack job gonna go messin up my supper. " And let us not forget, Hillary was runnin for president...

Wait, was this thing on?

Last edited by theropinfool; 01-19-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:33 AM   #87

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

TACK
The only thing that i will say is that i participated in this thread without being disrespectful to nobody (exept with
Stupid gun laws). I just wanted to share the experience i had in getting my permit to carry which was the original theme. I did not mean to start any controversy or conflict. However expresions like "you live in a bubble" which was not related to the thread, are, in fact, disrespectful (even if i have a wrong idea like Tack thought i had when he implied that i thought PR was a state). Maybe I should not have taken as a personal insult but that is because i am an educated man who came from below and hate to be treated as dumb, maybe more than any insult, so i felt the need to defend myself. I would love that an intelligent moderator take a look at this thread so he or she can see who is the one or the ones with "the problem". I also hope moderators are as woried as i am for issues other than usernames, such as prejuice and bullying...

Old 01-20-2012, 12:44 AM   #88

Liked 1837 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 1214

I was 40. I sometimes work the graveyard shift. Some scary people out there.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:55 AM   #89

Liked 1837 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 1214

Seriously, elglockeroloco30...calm down. Tack was just being funny with the burst your bubble comment. He and Marlinman have been around a long time. I dont remember reading anything bullying from either of them. Some of us here just have a sense of humor. Don't get offended.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-20-2012, 12:59 AM   #90

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967
Seriously, elglockeroloco30...calm down. Tack was just being funny with the burst your bubble comment. He and Marlinman have been around a long time. I dont remember reading anything bullying from either of them. Some of us here just have a sense of humor. Don't get offended.
Oh i bullied the trolls...a little. But the one that kept coming back w hnadles like c3isafag is the one im refern to and he lit my fuse w his gun advice question then throwing a tantrum. And i wasnt being mean just trying to lighten the mood a little.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did