How old were you when you decided to get your CCW and why? - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

How old were you when you decided to get your CCW and why?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 12:04 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts

Two years ago at age 21. Had my dad go take it with me.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:23 AM   #42

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Started the paperwork at age 30 and actually got my carrying permit at 31, that's right, 1 year later. Two reasons:#1- If Every BG has one, i figure the logical and natural thing to do is get one myself unless i like the victim role. #2- Only at that time i had the money to do it. I live in Puerto Rico. Here, first you have to get a "possesion" licence. That's about 400$ and 4 month waiting period (if everything runs smoothly). For me it was 8 months since i was going through a legal process(divorce). Then you submit a petition for carrying. That's an aditional 1000$ and you have to go to the court on a date they schedule, and convince a judge why do you need to carry a weapon. If you fail to convince him you loose your money. Did i mention that in the 1400$ total amount you pay for carrying the gun is not included? Oh, also forgot that you have to pay an aditional fee for a "target shooting" licence, otherwise you only get to own 2 weapons and Are only allowed to go to the range once a year, 50 rounds per weapon. Talk about stupid gun laws in some states...

Old 01-10-2012, 12:27 AM   #43

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by elglockeroloko30
Started the paperwork at age 30 and actually got my carrying permit at 31, that's right, 1 year later. Two reasons:#1- If Every BG has one, i figure the logical and natural thing to do is get one myself unless i like the victim role. #2- Only at that time i had the money to do it. I live in Puerto Rico. Here, first you have to get a "possesion" licence. That's about 400$ and 4 month waiting period (if everything runs smoothly). For me it was 8 months since i was going through a legal process(divorce). Then you submit a petition for carrying. That's an aditional 1000$ and you have to go to the court on a date they schedule, and convince a judge why do you need to carry a weapon. If you fail to convince him you loose your money. Did i mention that in the 1400$ total amount you pay for carrying the gun is not included? Oh, also forgot that you have to pay an aditional fee for a "target shooting" licence, otherwise you only get to own 2 weapons and Are only allowed to go to the range once a year, 50 rounds per weapon. Talk about stupid gun laws in some states...
Ya you got even commifornia beat

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

Old 01-10-2012, 12:34 AM   #44
hmh

Liked 189 Times on 128 Posts

22 because I was getting out if the military and the exemption then wouldn't apply.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:53 AM   #45

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'll tell you the truth i have been carrying a gun one way or another since i was about 21 soon as i was legal age i started carrying legaly. I love guns and its my right to carry one. I have carryed long before i was old enough but thats another story.

“The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory.”
Jeff Cooper

Old 01-10-2012, 02:31 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0zt36
Although I have owned firearms most of my life and love to shoot I was 34 had 2 guns pulled on me and just was really lucky both perps were cowards but I figure jails are full of non cowards who WILL pull the trigger. So that being the case I decided the third time I will not be a surviving victim again.

How bout you?
I was 21 couldn't wait I got my 1st gun 22 pistol for 8th b-day. I used to carry in the house and when going to the range with my Dad who has unbelievable gun collection and here in Ma to get A Class A large capacity (same as ccw ) is pretty difficult. Thank God it's been 13 yrs now.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:47 AM   #47

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
1) there is NO SUCH THING as a fair fight 2) play dirtier than them and they will leave you the heck a lone. If you think there is such a thing as a fair fight then you are asking to die. There is only the guy that walks away and the guy carried to the morgue

Ok when I say a "fair" fight I just mean one on one with out guns (or both with guns). Other than that yes anything goes including my knife, that pipe over there, or anything else I can find. I dont expect to be in a fair fight and that is why I got my CHL and always carry.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:51 AM   #48

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I can't yet due to age but I will get my ccp as soon as I can I new 2 guys one was pulled out of his truck at a red lite the other was just walking both got beaten by 6-12 guys and were in the hospital for along time.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:53 AM   #49

I was twenty one when I got my cwp that was two years ago, I carry 90 % of the time. I got mines cause it was encourage to me Fein my father to get mines for my personAl carry. I now encourage everybody that's around me on daily basics to get there's and they do.

Last edited by Glock27SC; 01-10-2012 at 02:55 AM.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:56 AM   #50

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbomar4

Ok when I say a "fair" fight I just mean one on one with out guns (or both with guns). Other than that yes anything goes including my knife, that pipe over there, or anything else I can find. I dont expect to be in a fair fight and that is why I got my CHL and always carry.
Even that isnt a fair fight mon ami. If you want to live in any fight w the way things are goin in the world today you had better be prepared to kill the other guy. Also better not hesitate when you get the chance cuz that will mean your dead.