Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > How old were you when you decided to get your CCW and why?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 02:24 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Oh itd fly.....backwards

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did
I'm not old, but I want a flying wheelchair!

Old 01-09-2012, 03:02 AM   #32

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz

Who you calling old then Gramps?!!!!!
Lol...... :-(

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-09-2012, 03:21 AM   #33

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

38 or so. I've shot/owned all my life and ALWAYS traveled with a gun in the vehicle. The judged by 12 mentality. But then just decided to get one. Didn't carry for almost 10 years except in some unique situations where I REALLY felt better with a weapon on me. Last year decided to carry all the time, every where I could.

Unfortunately, I can't have one at the site I work (govt weapons site). So the to/from work thing (30 mile drive each way) and all errands before I get home now leaves me feeling naked. but otherwise, I don't leave home without it/them.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:45 AM   #34

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

I got mine at 25 last year. I got it because the town that i grew up in is no longer as safe as I remember it as a kid. Many of my friends live in the not so nice parts of town but I still go to see them. I see myself as a good target. Little white boy in a nice truck in a bad part of town. If I was a bad guy I would pic me as a target. I can handle myself in a fair fight but gang bangers dont play fair.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:30 AM   #35

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbomar4
I got mine at 25 last year. I got it because the town that i grew up in is no longer as safe as I remember it as a kid. Many of my friends live in the not so nice parts of town but I still go to see them. I see myself as a good target. Little white boy in a nice truck in a bad part of town. If I was a bad guy I would pic me as a target. I can handle myself in a fair fight but gang bangers dont play fair.
1) there is NO SUCH THING as a fair fight 2) play dirtier than them and they will leave you the heck a lone. If you think there is such a thing as a fair fight then you are asking to die. There is only the guy that walks away and the guy carried to the morgue

Last edited by Marlinman; 01-09-2012 at 06:34 AM.

Old 01-09-2012, 06:42 AM   #36

Got mine in September.. I'm 25, had a sisters ex boyfriend giving the family a hard time until I waited out side for him one night when he was coming to slit my tires and i surprised him with a glock 21. He ran off fast as could be. Haven't saw him since.. So I carry 100 % of the time I'm not at work now.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #37
AOK

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
1) there is NO SUCH THING as a fair fight 2) play dirtier than them and they will leave you the heck a lone. If you think there is such a thing as a fair fight then you are asking to die. There is only the guy that walks away and the guy carried to the morgue

Yeap, if you're not "cheating" you are not trying hard enough (or trained very well). Another saying I like is if you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics suck.

As for me, I got my permit when I was 26 (2004). Since I had just gotten married I wanted to be better prepared to protect my wife.

Fast forward a few years later we had a son and I took it up another level by starting to learn how to fight with a gun by attending multiple defensive firearm classes around the state as well as learn Krav.

Old 01-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #38

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOK

Yeap, if you're not "cheating" you are not trying hard enough (or trained very well). Another saying I like is if you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics suck.

As for me, I got my permit when I was 26 (2004). Since I had just gotten married I wanted to be better prepared to protect my wife.

Fast forward a few years later we had a son and I took it up another level by starting to learn how to fight with a gun by attending multiple defensive firearm classes around the state as well as learn Krav.
Try growing up around ex spec forces-green berets, seals, rangers, delta, and force recon w one svout sniper. The oldest beret and the recon guy taught me how to fight since i was 9. Then i joined the corp. So i have the training and the firat hand knowledge of if you want to live either stomp the other guy badly first or kill him before he can hurt you or yours.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #39

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just last September. At age 23. Now if I have pants on I'm carrying.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:06 PM   #40

38 years old, because an employee of mine wanted to " bash my face in with a pipe" I figured if I was going to stay employed here I need to be ready for anything, plus 9 others in my shop carry!