Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > How old were you when you decided to get your CCW and why?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 01:03 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Just a Territory...
Don't pay US taxes
Don't believe they have congressional representation
Yet there allowed to VOTE in National US Elections?

Quite an honor for a former Naval Training Impact Area.

TACK
Just so you know: We do pay US taxes, we do have congresional representation, the US do have military bases in PR and no, we do not vote in your elections.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:15 AM   #92
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 151 Times on 90 Posts

If you aint got nuthin nice to say the keep your mouth shut as momma use to say

Old 01-20-2012, 01:16 AM   #93

Liked 1416 Times on 817 Posts
Likes Given: 989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Oh i bullied the trolls...a little. But the one that kept coming back w hnadles like c3isafag is the one im refern to and he lit my fuse w his gun advice question then throwing a tantrum. And i wasnt being mean just trying to lighten the mood a little.
If I had seen someone use a name like that I would have bullied them too. I just don't know what is wrong with some people.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:18 AM   #94

Liked 860 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967

If I had seen someone use a name like that I would have bullied them too. I just don't know what is wrong with some people.
Oh he started out with a perfectly fine name. After c3 gave him some advice and he slammed everyone that replyed, including c3 i might add, c3 banned him. Then he just kept coming back.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 01-20-2012, 02:16 AM   #95

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967
Seriously, elglockeroloco30...calm down. Tack was just being funny with the burst your bubble comment. He and Marlinman have been around a long time. I dont remember reading anything bullying from either of them. Some of us here just have a sense of humor. Don't get offended.
You are right Rick. Sometimes i take things personal and i am working on that. I am new to guns and very hungry for knowledge and when i joined this forum i was glad because i think it is a great learning tool. I was also happy because i thought that is an opportunity to make friends with the same passion for guns. However i do not think Tack was just being funny(do not think he believes that either) since in the subsequent comment he even used the word "mad" regarding my contry's political status. Anyhow you are still right in that ishould not have felt offended!

Old 01-20-2012, 04:44 AM   #96

Liked 3704 Times on 1826 Posts
Likes Given: 1005

Quote:
Originally Posted by elglockeroloko30 View Post
The only thing that i will say is that i participated in this thread without being disrespectful to nobody (exept with
Stupid gun laws). I just wanted to share the experience i had in getting my permit to carry which was the original theme. I did not mean to start any controversy or conflict. However expresions like "you live in a bubble" which was not related to the thread, are, in fact, disrespectful (even if i have a wrong idea like Tack thought i had when he implied that i thought PR was a state). Maybe I should not have taken as a personal insult but that is because i am an educated man who came from below and hate to be treated as dumb, maybe more than any insult, so i felt the need to defend myself. I would love that an intelligent moderator take a look at this thread so he or she can see who is the one or the ones with "the problem". I also hope moderators are as woried as i am for issues other than usernames, such as prejuice and bullying...
Eaglockero

For the record, I understand that my sence of humor is occasionaly barbed but it was not my intent to insult you. Upon joining this forum we all received a welcome from the mod's with a bit of good advice. The really important part of that advice was "the ability to laugh, especially at ourselves".

So please, relax, enjoy, learn, and be prepared to chuckle at the occasional perceived slight.

Tack

Old 01-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #97
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 899 Times on 538 Posts
Likes Given: 1251

29. In 1969. Just outta the Marine Corps, Indiana required a permit to carry. Have had permit constantly since then. Now I'm in South Carolina for 4 1/2 years, got SC permit as soon as I could. Having a gun on my person has saved my hide several times.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:22 PM   #98

Liked 252 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex1310 View Post
I was about 21, just home from Vietnam and recovering from a
wound I received there. I decided to go to college and I snagged
a job at a late night gas station (this was before convenience stores).
After I was robbed a couple of times I thought it was high time for
some protection. I believe it was 1969.
Glad you made it through those roberries and thank you for your service .

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-24-2012, 09:38 PM   #99

Liked 860 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0zt36

Glad you made it through those roberries and thank you for your service .
Yes thank you for your service and special thanks for goin to hell and returning from that hell known as 'Nam

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 01-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #100

I was first at Nha be naval support base on the Nah Be Song River, Special Opps/ underwater mine warfare 1140 clearing mines for Special Warfare 1130 seal team one's mike boats and other ships trying to pass. When I got out of service, I moved to Atlanta, Ga. With the help of Uncle Sam, I went to Georgia Tech during the day and washed dishes at night at the Marriott Hotel downtown Atlanta. I didn't have a car and had to walk through some scary areas to get to the rat infested old hotel where I had a room above a strip joint. After a couple of drive by shooting aimed at me, I bought a S&W 32 and I carried it everywhere, even to classes with me. I met my wife in school and we moved to a better place, she had a car. We both have two Masters apiece and she also got her MBA. We've been married for over 40 years now and we both have ccp's along with my daughter. We all carry 380 KelTecs, but in my truck I carry a FNH 5.7 loaded with 21 rounds of ss197 40gr bullets.
Life has been good to my family and I'm now retired and have a big chunk of land with a shooting range which I frequent often.