How often is a CCW used against it's owner? - Page 4

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > How often is a CCW used against it's owner?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Is it all about training? We have no idea how many people are armed each day? How many times does a civilian use his firearm to stop a crime without firing? We just do not know?
Police however are trained and retrained. Each time an officer is involved with the use of a firearm it is recorded. So we know that 511 officers well trained were killed with their own weapons from 2000-2010.
I would expect that number is up. The media and pressure groups have taken the basic attitude "The only good cop is a dead cop" If they shoot and survive.. they are drug over the coals before any data is in.. if they are killed in a confrontation they are memorialized and the same groups use the officer's death to prove they are not anti- all cops [just the living ones]

It has gotten so bad that now I have seen goups complaining when the cop uses a taser gun instead of his service gun.

We had an incident east of Seattle about 10 years ago, where a sheriff's deputy was killed by a naked man, who had already been hit by at least one car who was on some kind of drug craze who took the officers gun while he was trying to talk him "down"

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20020623&slug=deputy23m0

The man was also African American.. I only mention it because now lets assume the deputy realized the man was going for his gun.. and beat him to it and fired..

Headline "Cop shoots injured unarmed nude black man" basically it was his life or his career. There was no way the officer's life would be normal again even if he had drawn his weapon in time.

So I think they are probably putting thier life at risk more often... fearing this catch .22.

Ken -- Washington the State --
Newer gun owner = Sig Mosquito

Old 04-06-2013, 04:12 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

The last approximation of CCW holders was around 9 million. It's hard to guess how many will carry daily, once in a while or rarely. My brother in law got his CC about 4 years ago...he goes everywhere with his Kahr....work, home, store, anywhere which is legal. When he can't carry it's in a vault in his car, then back on his waist when he returns to the vehicle. I'll be starting soon, and I imagine I will try holser after holster until I get comfortable. I do intend to carry everywhere also.