Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > How often is a CCW used against it's owner?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 11:41 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3858 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

There are self defense weapon retention techniques courses. We train with them all the time, to include the utilization of a tactical knife. Not sure how to find one in the states though. Anybody? New holsters like the serpa makes it much harder to take a weapon from the owner.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:38 AM   #22
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1740 Times on 946 Posts
Likes Given: 547

The main thing is dont carry if you are not willing to use it because he who hesitates is lost.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 03-23-2013, 01:23 AM   #23

Liked 265 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Tried searching for this, but couldn't find much.

How often is a gun forcibly taken from a CCL holder, and used against them? I guessing rarely, but would like to see some actual numbers.
No number but I can guess that it happens when someone inexperienced jumps into something they should have avioded. There is no shame in getting out of any situation safely. The CCW is for that one instance when you can't avoid or run from a life threatening situation. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best....and while you are at it, hope it never happens.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1650 Times on 981 Posts
Likes Given: 808

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Tried searching for this, but couldn't find much.

How often is a gun forcibly taken from a CCL holder, and used against them? I guessing rarely, but would like to see some actual numbers.
This type of information is not captured (thank God) so I doubt you will find any reliable stats.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 03-27-2013, 03:24 AM   #25

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The argument that gun owners are more vulnerable because they own firearms is very old. The gun control advocates used this lie going back to the 1930s.

Funny thing however, they ask that private arms be sent to England for their protection. It would seem that them owning guns would have been more dangerous than the Nazis?

Old 03-28-2013, 04:58 AM   #26

Liked 632 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Jager: There are lots of places to train in handgun retention here in the states. I did mine with Sheriff's SWAT, those guys are crazy good. I think the training was for about 2-3 hours, def worth it. I made it a point to share the knowledge with my close friends.

Are you allowed to CCW in German as a civilian?

Old 03-28-2013, 05:20 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Jager: There are lots of places to train in handgun retention here in the states. I did mine with Sheriff's SWAT, those guys are crazy good. I think the training was for about 2-3 hours, def worth it. I made it a point to share the knowledge with my close friends.

Are you allowed to CCW in German as a civilian?
I am only allowed to conceal/open carry while hunting or on the hunting revier. When I leave the revier(s), I unload the gun but keep on me at all times.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #28

Liked 364 Times on 257 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
I am only allowed to conceal/open carry while hunting or on the hunting revier. When I leave the revier(s), I unload the gun but keep on me at all times.
So you are allowed to carry it any wear shops schools etc as long as its unloaded. ? I know they can be carried in England Scotland and wales when hunting for humane destruction. But you would have to be hunting when carrying one loaded or unloaded.

Last edited by manta; 03-28-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
So you are allowed to carry it any wear shops schools etc as long as its unloaded. ? I know they can be carried in England Scotland and wales when hunting for humane destruction. But you would have to be hunting when carrying one loaded or unloaded.
Common sense is a must of course. I mean places like gas stations and restaurants. I would first go home if I had to pick up my kids up from school. Yet, the law says you can not keep it in the car even though we lock up our guns in carry cases. Rifles and shotguns yes, pistols no.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #30

Liked 364 Times on 257 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Rifles and shotguns yes, pistols no.
Sounds something similar to here only it does not distinguish between different firearms. Quote. When travelling in a vehicle, keep your guns and ammunition out of sight, preferably in the locked luggage compartment. It is preferable to keep the guns in their slips or cases. If you have to park your vehicle for any reason, park it where you can see it – if at all possible. The vehicle must be locked and any anti-theft devices set. It is a good idea to park in a manner that prevents easy access to the part of the vehicle containing your guns, such as backing the car very close to a wall to make it difficult for a thief to get at the boot.