Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > How NOT To Defend Your Home!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 01:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 112 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default How NOT To Defend Your Home!

Saw this on my local news,very idiotic:

- A case of mistaken identity landed a local man in the hospital with life-threatening injuries.

Investigators tell TV5 that at around 1:45 a.m. Monday, a 36-year-old Saginaw Township man shot through his Bradford Drive door when he thought he was being robbed.

Saginaw Township Police Lt. Martin Larsen said it turns out the person at the door was the homeowners friend, who was hit twice in the stomach. That 43-year-old man's identity has not been released.

The homeowner was taken into police custody and has not been arraigned.

It's not clear what charges, if any, will be brought against him.

Residents in the area were alarmed at the shooting.

"It's kinda scary to be happening around here, it's a real quiet neighborhood, not a whole lot goes on around here at all," said Tim LaBrake. "Occasionally there's a traffic stop on the street, but that's about it."

Spooked homeowner shoots friend by mistake - WNEM TV 5 - Saginaw, Flint, Michigan News and Weather

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-26-2011, 02:04 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'm sorry but anyone at my door at 0145 is not welcome until identified as a friendly. I don't want to hear about anyone being shot but I think their may be more to this story then we are hearing.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 07-26-2011, 02:07 AM   #3

Liked 51 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Face palm.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:30 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5108 Times on 2658 Posts
Likes Given: 310

my first response at a knock on the door at 145am is grab a gun and ask who the eff is out there with 911 on speed dial. blasting thru the front door isnt #1

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-26-2011, 04:15 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 137 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
my first response at a knock on the door at 145am is grab a gun and ask who the eff is out there with 911 on speed dial. blasting thru the front door isnt #1
I agree --Rule 1 identify your target

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:24 AM   #6

Liked 101 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 219

yep, id your target to be sure... had just read something about flint, michigan: Flint, Michigan: Deadliest City in America - Guns.com

Old 07-28-2011, 01:11 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by armsmaster270 View Post
I agree --Rule 1 identify your target
Perhaps he thought the door was angry at him and was trying to rip itself loose of its hinges? He just needs to switch over to some of that frangible ammo to prevent over-penetration in the event of another door attack.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #8

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildenton View Post
yep, id your target to be sure... had just read something about flint, michigan: Flint, Michigan: Deadliest City in America - Guns.com
Well, maybe that helps explain this guy: Neighborhood Watch Prez Under Fire for Firing Weapon - Flint, MI

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 07-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #9

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Even the castle doctrine or hold your ground policies still indicate that your safe location must be no longer safe, because a BG is INSIDE. Even if a crazed lunatic is beating on my door with a sledgehammer, the only thing I imagine I would be doing is making sure my firearm was ready to go when he actually breeched.

A single body part inside my home and I am sending the first volley.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 07-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #10

"I didn't have a weapon until a month ago," said Drake.

I wonder if he's put a light bar on top of his pickup truck yet?