How many actually carry a B.U.G.? - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > How many actually carry a B.U.G.?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 07:14 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlock45 View Post

Thank you for your kind words. I no
longer work as an investigator, but many of things I learned have stayed with me. I also did paralegal work for the same lawyer.
As has been stated repeatedly Mr Murphy tends to rear his ugly head at the worst possible times, therefor, carrying a secondary weapon is a wise thing to do. I also prefer to have guns of the same caliber and make so that spare mags can be used for both. This eliminates any confusion of accidentally grabbing the "wrong" spare during an adrenalin rush of a gun fight. I like to use the KISS principal. That's why I went all Glock several yrs ago. YMMV but this combo works especially well for me.

As always, stay safe, and concealed means concealed.
So from your previous posts I'm guessing your spare mags are all of the larger of the two weapons you CC? This issue is one of my weak links concerning my BUG.

I carry a G19, but my BUG is a LCP 9x17 with completely different mags. I don't think I could pocket carry a G26 in Florida. Where do you prefer your BUG in the summer?

You really got me thinking, I'm reevaluating my whole BUG situation. I'm concerned about Mr. Murphy, my spare mags and calibers don't match up. I'm young and fit so I wear clothing to match, I just don't have any idea where to fit a BUG twice as big as my current BUG with spare mags twice as big???

Old 11-15-2013, 07:42 AM   #72
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

M1911
I spent 2 weeks this Aug in Boca Raton visiting my Mother with my daughters.
I wear dress slacks or Black Levi jeans, all my pants are 1 size larger than I need. I also wear suspenders to hold them up instead of a belt. Have you ever looked into the Smart Carry holster? IT is worn over your junk under your pants and is completely concealable..It has a Cushmax backing to prevent sweat from coming in contact with your weapons. I wear the ambi security model,which enables me to carry 2 guns absolutely unnoticed. Give Charlie Parrot or his son-in-law Robert a call, they will tell you exactly which model will fit your particular handguns. I am actually able to carry 2 G32 or 2 G38's in the ambi model. I have been using this concept holster for going on 16 yrs.now. It is unbelievably comfortable. Make sure you practice a lot with your weapons unloaded to get the proper feel for drawing from it. I'm able to draw and get off my first shot in 1 and half seconds. I have never been made either. I can also carry a G33 or G39 in a Remora pocket holster with no trouble. I simply buy my pants 1 size large and I prefer the pleated front design. I carry 2 spare mags (yes they are the full size versions,) in a black hawk pocket holster in my left rear pocket. This works fine for me. I've actually carried as many as 4 at the same time, as I have a vest that I had my seamstress sew in a holster and 2 mag carriers on my off side. That would amount to 2 compact Glocks and 2 Baby Glocks. This is very comfy, no printing and allows me to have a gun available with either hand, and I truly dont feel the weight at all. The Smart Carry utilizes strapping that goes around your hips and fully supports 2 guns or 1 gun and 2 spare mags.
Check out the site. The one notation on there about the private investigator is about me...lol.

Tell Robert or Charlie that the PI from Hollidaysburg, PA recommended you.
They are located in Largo, Fl and are very fast shipping as well. They stand behind their product and have a 60 day trial return policy.

Take care and as always, stay safe, and concealed means concealed. With the Smart Carry System it truly is out of site out of mind.

NRA
GT (Member of Bull Dawgs Club/Big Dawgs Club)
GSSF
USCCA
DC
PAFOA
DEF. HANDGUNS
AMERICAN GUN OWNERS
CONCEALED CARRY
*Concealed means...Concealed!

Last edited by MrGlock45; 11-16-2013 at 07:20 AM.