Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > How many actually carry a B.U.G.?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 79 Times on 55 Posts

Default How many actually carry a B.U.G.?

I can definitely see the advantages, but to a regular Joe like me I don't really feel the need to carry a backup gun. Unless someone felt uncertain that their primary was not going to function properly. Then I would say get a different primary,, I would not carry a weapon if I was not 100 percent sure it was going to work the one in a million time that should need it. But bugs seem to just be more weight,, Holster adjustments,, etc..
Wondering how many actually do? And are they situation specific, or just going around every day carrying?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #2

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4283

I subscribe to the theory that one is none, two is one...

I carry a BUG whenever possible...meaning whenever I can wear long pants, as ankle carry for the BUG is my preferred method...(Doesn't always work out in the Southern summers unfortunately... )

I also believe wholeheartedly in Murphy's Law as well...hence the BUG...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 11-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #3

Liked 51 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I have never carried a back up gun (outside of the military) and have never really seen the need to nor has anybody I knew. In my opinion a B U G is not really suited to your joe dirt but more to your LEO etc. I know some hunters will carry one in back up of say a bolt gun when hunting dangerous game etc, on my mountain outings my typical carry gun was my Stoeger double barrel. As far as CC ing two guns, I think that would be a pain in the ass and chances are if you lose your main gun you are in no position to go for your back up. Just my 2 cents

Old 11-11-2013, 10:00 PM   #4

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I carry the Taurus TCP as a BUG. My main ccw is either the Ruger SR9c or Taurus PT145.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:42 PM   #5

Liked 619 Times on 373 Posts
Likes Given: 12

LCP weak side pocket. Sometimes when I'm out and about with friends who I trust, but don't have a CWP, I'll tell them. If SHTF it enables them to get a weapon in the fight. Otherwise I just carry it JIC, Mr. Murphy scares the crap out of me.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:14 AM   #6
AOK

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I started carrying a BUG (Kahr CM9) about three years ago after a private training session. The instructor was having me run a failure drill. I was in the middle of moving and shooting when all of a sudden the slide of my Glock 23 goes flying off (slide lock spring broke). I would have been toast had that been a real fight.

In addition to the event that changed my mind above I have also seen several people get their hands shot in FOF classes. You never known what can happen in a fight. Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:19 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5118 Times on 2664 Posts
Likes Given: 310

Always got my ruger lcp, smetimes its the only gun I got sometimes its an extra. Just don't violate the cardinal of self defense.... have a gun, ANY gun.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-12-2013, 04:04 AM   #8

Liked 4424 Times on 2146 Posts
Likes Given: 1312

EDC is a Kahr PM9 with 1 BUM.

Weekends or anytime my family is with me, the Kahr rotates to the BUG roll and my 4" Kimber .45 takes the lead.

I agree with the mindset that 2 guns = 1... and 1 guns = none... But 2 guns, or even a bigger gun is simply not feasible for a work environment where 100% no BS concealment is a MUST.

Tack

Old 11-12-2013, 05:42 AM   #9

Liked 88 Times on 55 Posts

I carry my BUG as a main gun. A larger gun is usually within reach in the car.

Old 11-12-2013, 05:57 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3858 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDeShivs View Post
I carry my BUG as a main gun. A larger gun is usually within reach in the car.
:confused.....................