How long before we would be over-run....? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > How long before we would be over-run....?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post

After watching the vid, not sure about it now...Iknow that they are doing what needs to be done, and i'm thankfull people are doing it, but dont think i could do that...Those piggys didnt have a chance, the whole family scared and running for their life. I would have no problem killing to defend, or feed my family. Just dont want to kill for sport..what can i say, im a girl......
I see where you are coming from about sport, but that is an example of farm land protection.... Without doing that, those large pigs would destroy the crops. It isn't meant to be sport. What surprised me is how fast and far those hogs can cover distance.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:34 AM   #32
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8311 Times on 4803 Posts
Likes Given: 10769

Quote:
After watching the vid, not sure about it now...Iknow that they are doing what needs to be done, and i'm thankfull people are doing it, but dont think i could do that...Those piggys didnt have a chance, the whole family scared and running for their life. I would have no problem killing to defend, or feed my family. Just dont want to kill for sport..what can i say, im a girl......
Tell you what. You do that well and I'll bring home the bacon for you!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
readygirl Likes This 
Old 08-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1916 Times on 1360 Posts
Likes Given: 2153

Quote:
If the Lib-tards got their wish, and all guns were confiscated, How long would it be before we would be over-run by wildlife....? Im not a hunter, but get to hang out with lots of them at the shop. There are over 150,000 deer taken every year in Ohio alone, In Texas over 700,000 Feral Hogs every year. Not to mention all the squirrel, rabbits,turkeys, etc. What do you think.......how many years would it be before the animals take over....
Really, after a few beers and a couple of seconds of thought. It ain't the animals taking over we have to worry about.............Man wiped out thousands of species without guns...........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 08-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #34

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Hog hunting from helicopters in Tx is legal because if the immense damage they are doing to crops and other property, they breed like rabbits and are quite elusive during daylight hours. Buddies of mine say young ones are good eating but older ones almost inedible certainly unappetizing ... tough and lean/gristle not lean meat.

"Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph."

ROBERT E. HOWARD

Old 08-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #35
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6172 Times on 3058 Posts
Likes Given: 6554

When I was a kid, I earned most of my spending money during the winter running a small trapline, mostly Muskrats. Life was good when I got $4.00 a rat. The population was not small but well controlled, I would hit 3 or 4 different runs thouthout the season and with 15 traps, I could pull in 40 rats.

Twenty years later the paint splashers in NYC and Hollyweird killed the fur industry. Since then, the rat population has skyrocketed and they have wrecked ponds and streams in ways that will take decades to overcome. I heard they are getting 3-4 bucks a rat again for them (40 years later) and people are trapping them again, hopefully that will help bring them back in line....

Old 08-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #36

Liked 205 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

While I understand where Readygirl is coming from, these are not indigenous species to the area and have no natural predators to control their population. They are very destructive and cause farms and ranches great economic loss. It is not cheap to rent or operate a helicopter so I am sure they were not doing it for sport. I was impressed on how well they could shoot while moving at high speed.

90 % of all species of animals that walked the earth are now extinct, that is just a fact of life. Even with a 300 Win mag, I would not want to face a Saber Tooth or Wooly Mammoth. So shed no tears about controlling these creatures or become the bottom of the food chain as they destroy your food sources. Whether it be boars in Texas or Pythons in Florida or Snake Head fish in Illinois they do not belong there and are over running the normal wildlife and destroying the habitat.

Jim

Last edited by bigjim; 08-13-2013 at 03:29 PM.
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 08-14-2013, 12:04 AM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
....... Even with a 300 Win mag, I would not want to face a Saber Tooth or Wooly Mammoth. .........

Jim
So use a 10mm. From what I hear, they are the most powerful cartridge on the planet!

Old 08-22-2013, 04:11 AM   #38

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I don't think that it would be a matter of being overrun by wild game. I would tend to think that it would be a matter of wild game becoming a petri dish for various diseases that would kill off both wild and domesticated animals. I can see meat becoming scarce because of inter-species contamination of diseases. Wild deer and cattle are both ruminants and they can pass diseases back and forth. Imagine if a wasting disease struck herds of deer real hard and then leaped over to domesticated cattle. Same thing for feral hogs and domesticated hogs. Wild ducks and domesticated ducks and geese. An excess of wild game is bad news for the American public but not in the ways that most people would expect. Avian or Bird Flu could rapidly accelerate to the point that it could start to jump over to attack people that could wipe out millions and millions of them. The liberal mindset is one of repeated failures and disasters just waiting to happen and gun control or elimination of firearms could prove to be one of the stupidest ideas to ever come out of the liberal minds. It's only a matter of time.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:51 AM   #39

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

If Americans were disarmed today deer and pigs would rate low on the danger list. If you have been asleep the last 3 years you have ignored the real dangers. Our heavy taxes and redistribution of dwindling National wealth is breeding a for more dangerous threat.