How long before we would be over-run....? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > How long before we would be over-run....?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 12:37 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 744 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

So what most of you are saying....? Is there would be an explosion in the animal population the first few years. Then they would self regulate, and their numbers would return to normal..?

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 08-11-2013, 12:45 AM   #12

I have heard some of the guys in the shop talk about hunting Feral Hogs in Texas with an AR, from a helicopter...Anybody know if that really happens...?

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 08-11-2013, 12:46 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3728 Times on 2285 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl
I have heard some of the guys in the shop talk about hunting Feral Hogs in Texas with an AR, from a helicopter...Anybody know if that really happens...?
I read an article in American Rifleman about a guy who did that

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:52 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
I read an article in American Rifleman about a guy who did that
Iv'e never been much intrested in hunting, but that would be a blast...sign me up..I bet it would be expensive. I hang out with the Careflight guys at the hospital sometimes. You wouldnt believe what it costs to keep a chopper ready to go, and in the air $$$$$$$

Old 08-11-2013, 12:55 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3728 Times on 2285 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:

Iv'e never been much intrested in hunting, but that would be a blast...sign me up..I bet it would be expensive. I hang out with the Careflight guys at the hospital sometimes. You wouldnt believe what it costs to keep a chopper ready to go, and in the air $$$$$$$
I've heard like $10,000 for an hour flight time, depending on the chopper.

Would definitely be a blast though.

Always have clean socks.

readygirl Likes This 
Old 08-11-2013, 12:56 AM   #16

What do they do with the wild hogs, ....ham, bacon, sausage...Do they taste like a regular pig...?

Old 08-11-2013, 02:06 AM   #17
emo
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 291 Times on 171 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Quote:
Search for Dustin Ellerman hog hunt, he has several videos up from a helicopter hog hunt with an AR.

Real dogs drool!

readygirl Likes This 
Old 08-11-2013, 02:40 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6752 Times on 3670 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i'd have to say that is quite possible. but how will we know for sure unless it happens. scientists can predict many things based on lots of factors, but sometimes nature can be unpredictable.
Ya, just look at the 7 day forecast! They can't even get that right.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:03 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9077 Times on 5274 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Here where I live in CA hunting is not popular. Not many animals are taken as a result. Not sure what the statistics say, but the take is low. Lots of deer out there, as far as pigs the CA DFG charges $23 for one pig tag. Lots of pigs out there. The deer around here are thick as fleas, and they go right down into town looking for forage. there is no plant that will escape their appetite anymore. there used to be "deer resistant" plants, but not anymore.

I imagine that if all firearms hunting were to come to an end, we would see a significant rise in the populations which would result in more disease and starvation. The thing that frightens me is the possible rise in diseases that can be transmitted to humans, such as Lyme disease and Chronic Wasting Disease. There has been a "new" disease in the Middle East that has been attributed to camels (specifically one-hump dromedaries) that is transmitting to humans. This stuff could get serious.

Old 08-11-2013, 03:17 AM   #20
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9077 Times on 5274 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
last year, when the wife and i were on vacation we were in New Braunfels Texas and we saw deer in the city streets practically in down town of the city. we saw them all over the place. even in some of the densely populated areas.

i think it comes from population and building encroaching on their natural habitat, and that they must know they won't be shot if they are in the city!
Its funny to watch them try and run on pavement. They slip and slide all over. If one breaks its leg I figure its fair game! Drag into the garage and string it up!