Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   How long before we would be over-run....? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/how-long-before-we-would-over-run-95235/)

readygirl 08-10-2013 07:54 PM

How long before we would be over-run....?

If the Lib-tards got their wish, and all guns were confiscated, How long would it be before we would be over-run by wildlife....? Im not a hunter, but get to hang out with lots of them at the shop. There are over 150,000 deer taken every year in Ohio alone, In Texas over 700,000 Feral Hogs every year. Not to mention all the squirrel, rabbits,turkeys, etc. What do you think.......how many years would it be before the animals take over....

shadecorp 08-10-2013 08:04 PM

Good Question.
Would not be a problem here in my area.
But if things really go to hell,
what about all the dogs that would be homeless, unfed strays,
They would find something to eat.

vincent 08-10-2013 08:09 PM

Funny, was thinking about that yesterday after a 'conversation' with someone who hates hunting, and has zero practical knowledge of it...

All animals combined, I'd say it'll take one season/year, as long as it takes a baby...(you pick the animal)...to start eating.

Population would explode and they'd eat themselves right out of a habitat real quick. Some would starve or die from disease while others search for a food source.

Another question would be how many humans would go hungry if hunting was outlawed? I know for a fact that lots of people still live and survive off of the land...

danf_fl 08-10-2013 10:25 PM

Thanks to wildlife management, we are now seeing more game as never before.

Even the Florida bears are getting closer to Gello!

gunnut07 08-10-2013 10:31 PM

As game animals number increased so would predators. Tens of thousands of years ago humans didn't manage game and they did just fine.

DrumJunkie 08-10-2013 10:32 PM

Back in the 90's the county in Ky I lived in then pretty much stopped deer hunting because of population they said but many said it was p-art of an agenda..Who knows. Anyway, within a season deer overrun the county to the point they where starving. You could see them from the roads with ribs sticking out and taking risks they usually never would to get food. With not enough predators to keep populations in check the population of deer exploded in just one season.

racer_x 08-10-2013 10:36 PM

great point readygirl, it would be a lot more dead on the side of the road lot more folks in the er

I can make a spear pretty sure id still put meat in my freezer

JW357 08-10-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readygirl
If the Lib-tards got their wish, and all guns were confiscated, How long would it be before we would be over-run by wildlife....? Im not a hunter, but get to hang out with lots of them at the shop. There are over 150,000 deer taken every year in Ohio alone, In Texas over 700,000 Feral Hogs every year. Not to mention all the squirrel, rabbits,turkeys, etc. What do you think.......how many years would it be before the animals take over....

Not a bad point.

I have a feeling we'd see a lot more bow hunters.

Chainfire 08-11-2013 12:14 AM

Yea, I can see it now...."Deer over-run Union Station, Nation in jeopardy, more at 11."

The proposition is rather goofy. Unlike humans, when animals overpopulate, they thin by hunger and/or disease.

therewolf 08-11-2013 12:30 AM

So, we're being disarmed, and B.O. is setting up all these

new immigration reforms, while shredding the constitution,

so we can be overrun by Bambi.

ah, HOKAY...