Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > How to get concealed carry permit in maryland

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default How to get concealed carry permit in maryland

Li live in maryland and was wondering how I cold learn more about getting the concieled carry permt
Would maby possably like to get it?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-16-2010, 01:35 AM   #2

I live in Pa, and from what I understand it's very hard to get one in that state. Md is firearm unfriendly! My advice would be to move to Pa, Va, or WV if you want to stay in the Md area. CC permit in Md? Fhagheddaboutit!!!!

Old 07-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Run for Governor (and win).

Old 07-16-2010, 07:59 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I left Maryland as fast as I could after my discharge from the Marine Corps and now live in Michigan.

When I lived there (and I doubt this has changed) the ability to get a permit was predicated by your own ability to heap together a dragon's hoard of wealth AND establish connections with the politically powerful in the state.

Getting is permit is really a matter of becoming one of the good 'ol boy elite. Entrance into that club is very expensive. Much more expensive than moving.

I'm a Realtor who sells Plymouth MI homes, I carry a Taurus 738 pocket pistol every day.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:05 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8450 Times on 3667 Posts
Likes Given: 1301

NGH (Not gonna happen). Sorry, Bro- but less than 1% of the MD CCW licenses are issued other than for a business reason. It is an expensive process- you have to buy at LEAST two judges and a Senator.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 07-21-2010, 01:01 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I agree with Ruger44.....I just moved to Pa from Texas (just this week actually!) Although I will be working in Maryland, we decided upon Pa due to Maryland's archaic gun laws and the commute, although long, will be worth not giving up a freedom both of us enjoy. I lived in Maryland for twenty-five years and didn't look back when I left....Texas opened a whole new world for us.

In order to become the Master, a politician must act as a servant.

Old 07-30-2010, 06:18 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hold your tickets stubs...

Lawsuit challenges Md. handgun restrictions | delawareonline.com | The News Journal

But I would not hold my breath waiting for an outcome.