How do you feel about "gun free zones"? - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > How do you feel about "gun free zones"?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 02:27 AM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
No it's not just running stop signs.

There's an example in our local paper today. A 34 year old man was convicted of coming to our area, picking up a 12 year old girl he met on the internet, taking her back to Florida, and raping her along the way. He was sentenced to 12 years.

If we had any kind of proper punishment in this country, he would be shot the day after his sentencing (or pick your method of quick capital punishment).

If we had punishment in this country, drunk drivers who kill someone else would be treated just like any other murderer.

If we had punishment in this country, murderers would be given one appeal within 6 months and executed within one month of final adjudication.

We don't have a justice system. We have a criminal convenience system.
I agree with you about the punishment, there is none. An "Eye for an eye" is how it should be. We need to find a whole lot of big trees and some very short ropes. That would be a great start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimKS View Post
I can agree with #2. The system has taken the penalty out of crime.
Why would someone be scared to go to jail anymore? 3 meals, a bed, roof over there heads, and free medical. The sad this is that going to prison is more then likely a step-up compared to where they live. Make prison's a prison take away all the comforts of home, no more TV, yoga classes, arts and crafts classes, etc.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:05 AM   #62

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

A CHL provides an exemption to the Federal 1000 ft gun free zone.

In TX, guns are only prohibited on the "premises" of schools for CHL holders. I'm not sure about the general public in their cars. Premises is defined as inside a building or sports arena. Parking lots and sidewalks are specificly mentioned as OK to carry for CHL holders.

Old 07-17-2011, 02:14 PM   #63

Liked 2605 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadeuce View Post
First, define crime. Is it just breaking the law? Cause if it is, a ton of us are criminals. (speeding, rolling thru stop signs, etc.)

For me, fear of punishment is not what motivates me. If I see a wallet with cash in it, it's not fear of punishment that makes me return it. If I see a person fall, it's not fear of punishment that makes me help them up. It's called treat others like you want to be treated.

I totally agree that we don't punish violent crimes harshly enough. No question. But even if there were no death penalty, I still wouldn't kill people without them endangering my life.

This is a question of morality. But who defines "good morals"? I see your point about encouraging poor behavior because of lack of consequences but at some point the individual has to be held responsible, not the public.

First of all, you sir, are an honorable person.

You uphold proper society's treatment of others and keep

yourself to a higher standard.

I certainly hope your high standards are reflected also in my life,

and you, and others like you,(and hopefully myself) can walk proudly with

your heads held high.

But criminals have figured out ways to bastardize laws to their own

benefit, and then are supported by poorly hammered out legislation,

coupled by segments of society who give the scum of the earth

hero worship.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:31 PM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanbybirth View Post
A CHL provides an exemption to the Federal 1000 ft gun free zone.

In TX, guns are only prohibited on the "premises" of schools for CHL holders. I'm not sure about the general public in their cars. Premises is defined as inside a building or sports arena. Parking lots and sidewalks are specificly mentioned as OK to carry for CHL holders.
In Az weapons can only be on the school grounds if you leave them in you vehicle locked up if you are going to enter the school.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:35 PM   #65
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1291 Times on 627 Posts
Likes Given: 77

In Florida as a high school soccer official, and not a school employee, I was okay to have my handgun locked in my vehicle when I went to a high school for a game. To make sure I generally locked it in my trunk, but since I never had time between my full time job and the games to go home and drop it off, I had it with me.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #66

Liked 65 Times on 36 Posts

Bet that island in Norway that Anders Behring Breivik shot up was a "gun free zone"!!!

Old 07-24-2011, 03:10 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post

But criminals have figured out ways to bastardize laws to their own

benefit, and then are supported by poorly hammered out legislation,

coupled by segments of society who give the scum of the earth

hero worship.
Truer words have never been spoken.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Old 07-24-2011, 04:10 PM   #68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Law abiding.......

I Don't think killers give a sh$t. Such as the guy in Texas that just blew 5 people away then himself at a skating rink.....

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 07-24-2011, 04:14 PM   #69

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

<-----Look to the left

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting