How do you feel about "gun free zones"? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > How do you feel about "gun free zones"?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 02:55 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2544 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Who is doing the catering? The Legislators. Does that make them enablers or criminals?
WE ALL cater to criminals.

1) WE, the general public, cater to criminals, by allowing ourselves to get and

be in situations where criminals can make us victims.

2)Our criminal justice systems caters to criminals by giving them 3 hots and a

cot, A/C, cable TV, spas, gyms,etc. Prison "training" of criminals by

other hardened criminals inside. Free clothing, legal assistance,

lax judges, plea bargaining, the list goes on and on.

3) We gun owners cater to criminals by making popular guns

which are easy to hide and use with little skill or training.

4)Popular culture in general caters to criminals by treating

prison tattooed jackholes like heros, instead of the scum they are.

5) Lawmakers cater to criminals by making laws which disarm us, while

practically placing guns in criminal's hands.

Make no mistake, we are ALL to blame(myself included) for

catering to the criminal society in America which is sucking the

very life from us...

Last edited by therewolf; 07-15-2011 at 02:58 AM.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:58 AM   #52

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
WE ALL cater to criminals.

1) WE, the general public, cater to criminals, by allowing ourselves to get and

be in situations where criminals can make us victims.

2)Our criminal justice systems caters to criminals by giving them 3 hots and a

cot, A/C, cable TV, spas, gyms,etc. Prison "training" of criminals by

other hardened criminals inside. Free clothing, legal assistance,

lax judges, plea bargaining, the list goes on and on.

3) We gun owners cater to criminals by making popular guns

which are easy to hide and use with little skill or training.

4)Popular culture in general caters to criminals by treating

prison tattooed jackholes like heros, instead of the scum they are.

5) Lawmakers cater to criminals by making laws which disarm us, while

practically placing guns in criminal's hands.

Make no mistake, we are ALL to blame(myself included) for

catering to the criminal society in America which is sucking the

very life from us...
I accept no blame for those who choose to use violence against their neighbors. The gun manufacturer is no more to blame for gun violence than the pencil manufacturer is for misspelled words or the brewery for one mans drunkenness. Individuals choose to commit crimes, and if there is any blame due society, it would be for allowing itself to be used as an excuse or maligned as the cause of criminal behavior.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:42 AM   #53

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default What Me Worry!

Gun free zones mean nothing to me! I carry everywhere except places that have metal detectors. End of story!

Old 07-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #54

Liked 2544 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
I accept no blame for those who choose to use violence against their neighbors. The gun manufacturer is no more to blame for gun violence than the pencil manufacturer is for misspelled words or the brewery for one mans drunkenness. Individuals choose to commit crimes, and if there is any blame due society, it would be for allowing itself to be used as an excuse or maligned as the cause of criminal behavior.
Oh, I disagree. When our culture glorifies, harbors, and protects criminals,and makes it

cool,fun, and overall better to

be a BG than do the right thing, we cater to criminals.

Things could change, but only if criminals are treated like the

pariahs they truly are.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:19 PM   #55

Well therewolf, how come you aren't a criminal? Let me guess, because you choose to do the right thing. Runner is right on the money. I won't accept responsibility for someone else's actions because they chose not to do what is right. What you seem to be implying is that people are weak and make decisions based on peer pressure rather than sound judgement. If that's the case then the "powers that be" should make our decisions for us so we don't go down the wrong path. I'm pretty sure you don't want that.

No one forced those kids at Columbine to go on a rampage. No one forced Loughner to go nuts. No one forces the hands of these criminals. They choose to do those things. They. Not me. Not you. Not TV. They.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Last edited by Thadeuce; 07-16-2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Wrong credit

Old 07-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #56
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2220 Times on 1200 Posts
Likes Given: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Oh, I disagree. When our culture glorifies, harbors, and protects criminals,and makes it

cool,fun, and overall better to

be a BG than do the right thing, we cater to criminals.

Things could change, but only if criminals are treated like the

pariahs they truly are.
To some extent, he's right. If society is not going to punish crime, then it will by default encourage it.

Who here thinks that the US does a good job punishing crime?

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 07-16-2011, 02:57 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
To some extent, he's right. If society is not going to punish crime, then it will by default encourage it.

Who here thinks that the US does a good job punishing crime?
First, define crime. Is it just breaking the law? Cause if it is, a ton of us are criminals. (speeding, rolling thru stop signs, etc.)

For me, fear of punishment is not what motivates me. If I see a wallet with cash in it, it's not fear of punishment that makes me return it. If I see a person fall, it's not fear of punishment that makes me help them up. It's called treat others like you want to be treated.

I totally agree that we don't punish violent crimes harshly enough. No question. But even if there were no death penalty, I still wouldn't kill people without them endangering my life.

This is a question of morality. But who defines "good morals"? I see your point about encouraging poor behavior because of lack of consequences but at some point the individual has to be held responsible, not the public.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Old 07-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #58
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2598 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Bigbomar,

I agree with your thought. Since your home is there and you were probably there even prior to their stupid perimeter law. I think I would surely take them to task if it ever came to that. And I do not think they would win in your case. Like you, since you reside there I would think that as long as you do not take the weapons on campus grounds and to and from your vehicle to go shooting there should be no problem. I am sure the local police know who are residents and home owners in the area and who are not. I was LE for over 27 years and there is no way I would even be concerned about the residents in the area. I would just tell you that in your case if they messed with me concerning this I would take them to court.
God how things have changed! When I was in school we use to take our shotguns and rifles to school and leave them in our car trunks so we could go hunting after school.

Of course with the liberal status regarding our schools today with NO Corporal Discipline, NO God, NO support for the teachers who try to do what is right! And parents that blame everyone else for the problem and not their kid! (Kind of sounds like our present administration doesn't it!) It is no wonder we have severe problems in our schools.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:06 PM   #59
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2220 Times on 1200 Posts
Likes Given: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadeuce View Post
First, define crime. Is it just breaking the law? Cause if it is, a ton of us are criminals. (speeding, rolling thru stop signs, etc.)
No it's not just running stop signs.

There's an example in our local paper today. A 34 year old man was convicted of coming to our area, picking up a 12 year old girl he met on the internet, taking her back to Florida, and raping her along the way. He was sentenced to 12 years.

If we had any kind of proper punishment in this country, he would be shot the day after his sentencing (or pick your method of quick capital punishment).

If we had punishment in this country, drunk drivers who kill someone else would be treated just like any other murderer.

If we had punishment in this country, murderers would be given one appeal within 6 months and executed within one month of final adjudication.

We don't have a justice system. We have a criminal convenience system.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 07-16-2011, 06:15 PM   #60
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I can agree with #2. The system has taken the penalty out of crime.