How do you feel about "gun free zones"? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > How do you feel about "gun free zones"?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2011, 02:59 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadeuce View Post
You know the sad part? We make laws for the majority of the people to control a minority of people who don't follow the laws in the first place.
Does anyone make a bumper sticker that says that? I completly agree.

Old 07-09-2011, 03:51 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5662 Times on 2957 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey View Post
oh and in minority I mean the criminals and stuff like that. Nothing to do with ''minorities'' as a racial term. I mean the people who can't follow the laws or are to stupid to handle firearms.
i call em goblins
-------

laws made to control the behavior of law abiding citizens are morally corrupt and merely ensure true criminals have free pass to rob rape murder.

laws should punish real criminals not demonize the honest.

gfsz are creaed by people with a primitive intellect who actually fear inanimate objects.

more people are killed by organic produce each year than law abiding gun owners.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-09-2011, 04:24 AM   #13

Liked 2512 Times on 1128 Posts
Likes Given: 2411

We call them "Criminal Protection Zones". Like those stupid signs you see on bank doors. No Guns Allowed. Do they really think that is going to stop a crime?

Old 07-09-2011, 04:41 AM   #14

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I respect and like GFZ's as much as I like and respect Nobama...zilch! Dammit, if you can carry a gun, you should be able to carry it anywhere. The darn criminals don't leave theirs in the cars, nor do those who shoot up doctors offices, work places, schools, etc.

Okay Cane, I'm waiting for " tell us how do you really feel". L.O.L.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:16 AM   #15

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

If guns are legal to own in your area no law can extend a ban specifically to your property...the gun free zone ends at your property lines.

Overall I feel they are a waste of time and nothing more than a fell good, nanny state load of BS. No one intent on causing mayhem is going to give a damn about a gun free zone, all they do is announce to the bad guy that no resistance will be encountered and they can do whatever they please. Many of the headline acts of mass murder in the last decade have occurred in so-called gun free zones.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 07-09-2011, 08:17 AM   #16
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2872 Times on 1659 Posts
Likes Given: 1236

Any area that is totally gun free is easy pickin's for those who believe what you have is theirs.

Your home is your "castle".

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 07-09-2011, 11:04 AM   #17

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I wonder if they ever think or attempt to use logic. A gun free zone IS NOT a victim free zone. The only ones who care about having a gun in a gun free zone are people who obey the law, or want to anyway.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:00 PM   #18

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

I think "gun free" zones are highly effective. I'm sure THOUSANDS of tragedies have been averted because a criminal thought, "Gee I would love to go in there and shoot me a bunch of people but I can't because I just can't bring a gun into a "gun free" zone. I'm also sure that business owners that post signs that say "No Concealed Firearms Allowed in These Premises" never get robbed too...

The world is run by idiots...

Old 07-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!

crimefree.jpg  

Old 07-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #20

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I'm more in to "Free Gun Zones" my ownself.