Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > How Do You "DO" Home Defense?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Funny you should mention that, zhuk, one of the pistol shooters I know is starting up his own club and has the space to put in enough ranges for multiple discipline shooting. Will be setting up pistol and rifle ranges. Once it's up and running, I'll be joining up and start working on qualifying for my pistol licence.

Anyway, rather off-topic since I could have a dozen pistols and I still would have to rely on a broomstick for home defence (but only if the attacker was armed - if he was empty-handed, I'd have to drop the stick and "fight him like a man"...)

Old 01-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #52

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf1066 View Post
Funny you should mention that, zhuk, one of the pistol shooters I know is starting up his own club and has the space to put in enough ranges for multiple discipline shooting. Will be setting up pistol and rifle ranges. Once it's up and running, I'll be joining up and start working on qualifying for my pistol licence.

Anyway, rather off-topic since I could have a dozen pistols and I still would have to rely on a broomstick for home defence (but only if the attacker was armed - if he was empty-handed, I'd have to drop the stick and "fight him like a man"...)

Hey I hope that works out Just way too expensive to join multiple clubs (a pistol club yearly membership here you gotta fork out about 300-500 bucks a year ) Mine is bargain-basement @ $10 for everything!

God doesn't that 'sh*t you up the wall backwards' (as we say lol) Know just what you mean - can't even use a broomstick UNLESS the attacker's got something that trumps it in the 'offensiveness stakes'...

It's like a bloody chess game

Old 01-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #53

Ah, back on topic.

I used to carry the aforementioned walking stick as a "style accessory" and a couple of ex-cops where I worked referred to it jokingly as my "deadly weapon".

They were great guys to talk to about the legalities of protecting yourself from assault.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:48 AM   #54

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf1066 View Post
Ah, back on topic.

I used to carry the aforementioned walking stick as a "style accessory" and a couple of ex-cops where I worked referred to it jokingly as my "deadly weapon".

They were great guys to talk to about the legalities of protecting yourself from assault.

Now THAT would be useful, to know someone to freely ask those uh, 'leading' sorts of questions. Could hardly do it any other way and not have the SWAT team turn up on your doorstep

Old 01-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #55
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Ya'll sure make me appreciate being a Texan.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:41 AM   #56

I don't wanna be surprised. My lab is a barker. He lets us know something is not normal. The German Shepherd does not bark much, he sneaks up and either puts his nose in a crotch and waits for my response, or is trained (if a person doesn't stay still) to draw blood.
When the dog barks, I open the finger print gun safe next to the bed. I have small kids, so I need something to keep little hands off the firearms. In the safe is a double stack 1911 holding 15 rounds of .45 for me and a Ruger sp101 for my wife. In the closet is a 8 round shotty loaded with no. 5 shot. If this doesn't get me out of trouble, I've been doing something I shouldn't have been doing.
By the way, I pray I never have to do any of this.

Old 01-09-2010, 02:07 AM   #57

I carry my Ruger P95 at all times and when I'm asleep I have it tucked in my bed holster I also have my rem 870 next to the bed for the wife and My AR is only 5 steps away in the gun cabnet with 4 30 rd. mags loaded and ready to go. Plus before they get to me they must get past my German shepard that is very well trained and hates guns if he smells one on you you will be pulled to the ground he weighs in at 210 lbs. I think I am good to go.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:13 AM   #58

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Sorry to get off topic,but..........Your German Shepard weighs 210lbs?

Old 01-09-2010, 03:40 AM   #59

Liked 493 Times on 303 Posts
Likes Given: 1621

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
My Bull Mastiff/PitBull weighs 180...

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 01-09-2010, 05:31 AM   #60

Liked 362 Times on 225 Posts
Likes Given: 990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
i was wondering about that too.