How to carry with belly band. - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > How to carry with belly band.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 03:48 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5007 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectocotylus View Post
I just got a belly band off amazon and I am wondering where everyone else carries with it. What I mean is, on the belt line like any other holster or should it be higher up? It seems to migrate northward. Do I need to wear it tighter?
H

Been carrying a Kahr PM9 in one for about 5 years. I wear mine low around my hips and position the pistol at about 4 O'clock, right on my kidney. My band has a spare mag pouch just forward of the holster.

This position make my PM 9 and back up mag disappear, even to me. Most comfortable rig I've worn in my 17 years of daily CCW.

Tack

Old 01-29-2013, 03:51 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
Altering my belly band is one of my only experiences with a sewing machine...kind of fun, actually.

I wear mine in two different ways. First, I'll wear it in deep cover just below my belt line with the butt of my CM9 just above my belt buckle. Second, I wear it around the center of my torso with the gun right around my solar plexus. I use this location for bike-riding and for times I go to sporting events where they pat you down before going in.
...UHUUUM!

...and who clued you into the BB...after helping you zero the scope on your new AR build?

Tack

Old 01-29-2013, 03:59 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2163 Times on 1486 Posts
Likes Given: 805

Wearing a shirt under the belly band helps a lot. I have a gut. I carry a P95 with 15 rounds of 9mm ammo in it. I wear a 6" belly band right on my hips at 10 o'clock. I let the barrel of the gun go in my pants. That keeps everything anchored. The Velcro belly bands do not work for me. The hook and loop belly bands are much better.

Search google for articles on the use of a belly band holster. We aren't experts at fitting people with holsters.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Last edited by John_Deer; 01-29-2013 at 04:03 AM.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:17 AM   #14

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
...UHUUUM!

...and who clued you into the BB...after helping you zero the scope on your new AR build?

Tack
I bought a belly band long ago, after a Nutnfancy video, actually. Perhaps soon we could go out shooting again, but I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger even once until this gun run dies down and the ammo market is closer to normal. I just shoot at the Clackamas Sheriff's range since they provide the ammo (at inflated prices, of course). New Aimpoint on that AR, though. Not zeroed, yet...

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 01-29-2013, 04:28 PM   #15

Liked 50 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer
Wearing a shirt under the belly band helps a lot. I have a gut. I carry a P95 with 15 rounds of 9mm ammo in it. I wear a 6" belly band right on my hips at 10 o'clock. I let the barrel of the gun go in my pants. That keeps everything anchored. The Velcro belly bands do not work for me. The hook and loop belly bands are much better.

Search google for articles on the use of a belly band holster. We aren't experts at fitting people with holsters.
The shirt underneath really does help. Thanks guys! Btw my wife's sewing skills of adding another inch of fabric to get the barrel one layer of cloth further away from my skin made a massive difference.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
I bought a belly band long ago, after a Nutnfancy video, actually. Perhaps soon we could go out shooting again, but I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger even once until this gun run dies down and the ammo market is closer to normal. I just shoot at the Clackamas Sheriff's range since they provide the ammo (at inflated prices, of course). New Aimpoint on that AR, though. Not zeroed, yet...
Ahh yes... The CCC Public Safety Training Facility... I was a member there for a few years before moving accross the creek. Nice Facility.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:37 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectocotylus View Post
I just got a belly band off amazon and I am wondering where everyone else carries with it. What I mean is, on the belt line like any other holster or should it be higher up? It seems to migrate northward. Do I need to wear it tighter?
Belly Band holster seems to work for me. I thought it would take some time to adjust to it. But I was wrong. I wear primarily t-shirts down here, and so at times I do wear the band beneath it. What position depends upon one's likeing really.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2163 Times on 1486 Posts
Likes Given: 805

I wear an A shirt better known as the wife beater under my shirt year round. If I get to hot or I do something that is going to trash a nice shirt I just take the outer shirt off. Open carry is legal in NC so there is nothing anyone can say as long as I respect their property.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine