Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > How About Both

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 12:27 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlBob518 View Post
I got the 5.11 PUSH bag from NRA. It looked great online and has many compartments. Because it is so small however, it looks kind of like a Man-Purse. I would like to avoid the same mistake. :-)

Bob
Well, if it's a man purse, at least there are firearm accessories for it....

9x18=Makarov

Old 06-09-2010, 08:05 PM   #12

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Quote:
Not planning a trip to Orlando in the near future, this backpack looks exactly what I want comparing it to the other models. I notice that this has a 3 liter water bladder however. When I called the Bass Pro Shop, the guy had no idea if the bladder is removable. So, any of you present owners, can you remove the water bladder? I'll order one today if you can! thanks for the help!
I was looking at the description after following the link. It says the bladder is sold separately. I guess that makes it removable. It also makes the bag more expensive.

Edit: It looks like it's a different bladder that's sold separately. My bad.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Last edited by utf59; 06-09-2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Further research showed I was mistaken.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:01 PM   #13

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Well alot of people carry two guns on a regular basis, some even three... I my self normally carry some type of .45 usually a 1911, strong side 3 o'clock. and have a snubby like an sp101 or 637 crossdraw at 9 o'clock. It really depends on your setting and your comfort level.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Old 06-09-2010, 09:39 PM   #14

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Not planning a trip to Orlando in the near future, this backpack looks exactly what I want comparing it to the other models. I notice that this has a 3 liter water bladder however. When I called the Bass Pro Shop, the guy had no idea if the bladder is removable. So, any of you present owners, can you remove the water bladder? I'll order one today if you can! thanks for the help!
Maxpedition Monsoon GearSlinger Pack

THE best gear bag I've used! I got mine from MidwayUSA.

Maxpedition Monsoon GearSlinger Pack Nylon - MidwayUSA

https://www.mjoutdoorgear.com/monsoon_gearslinger_khaki.html

Monsoon Gearslinger, Khaki - Maxpedition

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 06-10-2010, 01:59 AM   #15

Liked 4450 Times on 2348 Posts
Likes Given: 254

a backpack or laptop pack you carry a REALLY big gun. i used to keep my DE .50AE with 4 extra mags along with my old para p10 in my belt under my shirt. at the time the .50ae was the largest handgun available, this was before the 454 casul and 500sw. a fanny pack you cant carry jack all and it makes you look like your out for some man love.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:48 AM   #16

Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
I got one yesterday! A bit expensive, but worth it. thanks to everyone who suggested this backpack!

-Bob

Old 08-22-2010, 05:08 PM   #17

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

I carry a back pack from blackhawk any of the smaller packs will work. I use a Israelie map bad also that I had a holster mounted in.

Here in AZ it is so hot that a vest is not practical. I tried using a 5.11 vest and found it to be very uncomfortable in the heat. Plus the velco they use to mount there holster does nothing for holding your weapon close to your body. It has a tendency to tip forward with anything but a small mouse gun causing you to constantly have to pull it back. It felt like it was falling off all the time.

When I am in a hurry to go to the grocery store or to run some quick errands I have thrown everything in a small galco hip bag that I usually carry on my shoulder. In it I have my xd45c with my wallet and a surefire flashlight. Quick and easy. I would not use it in a very large city but it has come in handy at different times.