home invasion or murder?? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > home invasion or murder??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 04:50 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by utf59 View Post
It doesn't matter if he's standing, sitting, on the floor, or on the ceiling. What matters is whether he's a threat. Lots of people, especially in war zones, have been killed by someone who was lying down (prone position). It's a very stable firing position.
If he was laying on the floor and had a gun, knife, or anything else that could be used as a weapon in his hands, I'd keep shooting until the threat was nuetralized. I just wouldn't shoot an unarmed man that is laying on the floor bleeding.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:18 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Shot while falling to the ground?

And?

Okay...you fire in self defense. You will probably fire more than one round. If you are forced to fire, your brain probably won't register the effect the first round had on the subject until AFTER round number two is already on the way.

Shot one: Subject is hit, or upon seeing the defender's weapon "flinches away" and tries to literally throw his body out of harm's way. This is a DOCUMENTED phenomenon, where a round fired at an attacker's chest has actually HIT him in the side or even in the back APPEARING to have been a shot delivered while in flight.

Shot two: Impacts the subject AFTER the subject has begun to flinch but was fired BEFORE the subject began to move, or was PERCEIVED to begin to move by the defender.

All in all...as long as the homeowner was being straight with his statement and DID NOT try to TAMPER WITH EVIDENCE...it should bear out in the investigation.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I just wouldn't shoot an unarmed man that is laying on the floor bleeding.
What if you were in an '80's horror flick? They always popped back up, don'tchaknow.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:44 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
What if you were in an '80's horror flick? They always popped back up, don'tchaknow.

If Jason Voorhees is coming after me I'm going to empty the mag, reload, and repeat until I'm out of ammo. Then I'm going to beat him with the gun for a while.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:07 PM   #25

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Im a Big friday the 13th fan, ive watched them all many times.. Dontcha know tht he never dies?! I would just throw s*** in his face and run like hell...plus saves my ammo

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-07-2011, 04:30 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Im a Big friday the 13th fan, ive watched them all many times.. Dontcha know tht he never dies?! I would just throw s*** in his face and run like hell...plus saves my ammo
Dontcha know he always end up ahead of you even know he never runs. I'm a big fan of the movies too. My favorite one was Freddy vs Jason (wait, was that a friday the thirteenth movie or a nightmare on elm street movie?). What was yours?

Old 09-07-2011, 04:38 AM   #27

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Dontcha know he always end up ahead of you even know he never runs. I'm a big fan of the movies too. My favorite one was Freddy vs Jason (wait, was that a friday the thirteenth movie or a nightmare on elm street movie?). What was yours?
Hahha,very true..i love them all just because of wat they r but my favorite one would have to b part 6. The newest remake isnt bad either.. I have them all

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #28

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Definitely a home invasion. We had a 17 year old punk take off all of his clothes, break into a home, tried to have sex with a 40+ year old woman and ran off when she woke up. The punk was ejaculating as he ran through the house to get away. Once he was outside, he started getting dressed but dropped his wallet on the ground. Cops found the wallet, arrested the punk and sent him away to prison. Between the wallet and DNA that he left behind, the case was pretty much open and shut. So I can see some sort of pervert stripping down before going into a home to attack somebody.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:05 PM   #29

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Have you ever heard of the castle act several of the southern states have it. You dont have to drag the body in. if you feel your self, your family, or your property is threatened you have the right to to defined your self, family, or property. Thank you hurricane Katrina. But you do have to have a permit to carry a hand gun now.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:27 PM   #30

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahole View Post
Have you ever heard of the castle act several of the southern states have it. You dont have to drag the body in. if you feel your self, your family, or your property is threatened you have the right to to defined your self, family, or property. Thank you hurricane Katrina. But you do have to have a permit to carry a hand gun now.
The "Castle Doctrine" comes from english common law, which states that "A man's home is his castle". A "castle" was actually the fortification around a potentate's home.

The "castle doctrine" in the US basically means you have no duty to retreat in your home, even if you can do so safely. In some states, this extends to ANYWHERE you have a legal right to be, in other words, you can stand your ground.

Somes states go so far as to say that you must try to escape from your OWN HOME before you can resort to ANY force.

Thank God, I live in Arizona....we and the Texans, and a few others got it right.