home invasion or murder?? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > home invasion or murder??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 08:42 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 3

bang

bang

Old 09-01-2011, 03:24 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I'm all for shooting the guy the first time but I have problems with him shooting the guy while he's on the ground. It just seems wrong to me. unless the guy had a weapon and was trying to use it or get up to use it, I don't think you should shoot. I don't know the full details of the story so I don't know if the guy was armed, violent, or anything.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:18 AM   #13

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I'm all for shooting the guy the first time but I have problems with him shooting the guy while he's on the ground. It just seems wrong to me. unless the guy had a weapon and was trying to use it or get up to use it, I don't think you should shoot. I don't know the full details of the story so I don't know if the guy was armed, violent, or anything.
Quote:
New details in deadly home invasion
By Lacey Crisp

CREATED 6:15 PM

A deadly home invasion in Okauchee happened outside the home on a back deck. According to the search warrant, the homeowner shot James Babe twice."

"I heard two shots. The shots weren't from a 22, you could tell it was a larger weapon," said neighbor Michael Stubbe.

Police took a .357 caliber handgun from Mike Fitzsimmon's house, and found spent cartridges of hollow point rounds.

The search warrant explains that Fitzsimmons shot Babe once in the chest, then again as Babe fell to the ground.

"Within a few minutes of that noise, two squad cars came shooting down here," Stubbe said.

In the search warrant, Fitzsimmons told police that Babe was in the garage, and then went outside to the back deck where Fitzsimmons was standing. That's where the shooting happened.

"If Mike shot that guy because he was in the house, the man deserved to be shot," Stubbe said.

When police arrived, Fitzsimmons was only wearing underwear that did not have any blood marks. According to the search warrant, "If Mr. Fitzsimmons is not being truthful about the circumstances, he may have taken off outer layers of clothing."

The Waukesha County District Attorney said he's still considering whether he will file charges in the case or not. He tells me he is still waiting on DNA from the state crime lab.
Sounds reasonable to me. I'm not saying shoot a man while hes down, but if he stumbled of what have you, yea, sounds fine to me. Looking back on the situation, the shooter may agree that one was enough, but in a situation where your life is on the line, I would not hesitate for a moment to put two shots into dudder if it wasn't completely obvious that he was down for the count (no longer a threat). No indication of time between shots either so that's another factor.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 09-01-2011, 04:50 AM   #14

If someone rates one shot, they sure as hell rate two shots.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:14 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

^^^ Yup, BOGO.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:51 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

It doesn't matter if he's standing, sitting, on the floor, or on the ceiling. What matters is whether he's a threat. Lots of people, especially in war zones, have been killed by someone who was lying down (prone position). It's a very stable firing position.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 09-02-2011, 04:16 AM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5501 Times on 2872 Posts
Likes Given: 357

Still no updates. Maybe more news tommorrow unkess the media has totally dropped it.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-03-2011, 10:42 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I personally would hove no issue shooting a home invader. I live in CT not far from the place where a horrific home invasion took place.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:50 AM   #19

Default Home invaders

I would have no problem defending my family in our house that this person was not invited into!

Old 09-04-2011, 03:46 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

The search warrant explains that Fitzsimmons shot Babe once in the chest, then again as Babe fell to the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
Sounds reasonable to me. I'm not saying shoot a man while hes down, but if he stumbled of what have you, yea, sounds fine to me. Looking back on the situation, the shooter may agree that one was enough, but in a situation where your life is on the line, I would not hesitate for a moment to put two shots into dudder if it wasn't completely obvious that he was down for the count (no longer a threat). No indication of time between shots either so that's another factor.
Oops, I didn't see where it said he shot him as he fell. I'm fine with that.