home invasion or murder??
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > home invasion or murder??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 03:19 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5519 Times on 2883 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Default home invasion or murder??

going to have to keep an eye on this one. sounds like this guy may be telling some fibs. the possible perp/victim was according to radio reports a longtime sex offender and had a rather lengthy rap sheet. but shooting while the guy is down... i think there is a lot more to this that may turn up

Quote:
New details in deadly home invasion
By Lacey Crisp

CREATED 6:15 PM

A deadly home invasion in Okauchee happened outside the home on a back deck. According to the search warrant, the homeowner shot James Babe twice."

"I heard two shots. The shots weren't from a 22, you could tell it was a larger weapon," said neighbor Michael Stubbe.

Police took a .357 caliber handgun from Mike Fitzsimmon's house, and found spent cartridges of hollow point rounds.

The search warrant explains that Fitzsimmons shot Babe once in the chest, then again as Babe fell to the ground.

"Within a few minutes of that noise, two squad cars came shooting down here," Stubbe said.

In the search warrant, Fitzsimmons told police that Babe was in the garage, and then went outside to the back deck where Fitzsimmons was standing. That's where the shooting happened.

"If Mike shot that guy because he was in the house, the man deserved to be shot," Stubbe said.

When police arrived, Fitzsimmons was only wearing underwear that did not have any blood marks. According to the search warrant, "If Mr. Fitzsimmons is not being truthful about the circumstances, he may have taken off outer layers of clothing."

The Waukesha County District Attorney said he's still considering whether he will file charges in the case or not. He tells me he is still waiting on DNA from the state crime lab.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-31-2011, 09:26 AM   #2

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Just another one of those, "here's my chance" moments. Many people can't pass up on them-- to bad there are consequences. Looks like he'll be sitting on a toilet in front of a judge soon.

I guess we will have to see

Old 08-31-2011, 12:22 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1844 Times on 1314 Posts
Likes Given: 2079

Default Decked Out.......

So whats the problem, If you arrest the shooter all your doing is adding more cost to the court system.....Why is it the gumbment won't take this mans lead when it comes to disposing of sex offenders.....

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 08-31-2011, 12:48 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
New details in deadly home invasion
By Lacey Crisp

CREATED 6:15 PM

A deadly home invasion in Okauchee happened outside the home on a back deck. According to the search warrant, the homeowner shot James Babe twice."

"I heard two shots. The shots weren't from a 22, you could tell it was a larger weapon," said neighbor Michael Stubbe.

Police took a .357 caliber handgun from Mike Fitzsimmon's house, and found spent cartridges of hollow point rounds.

The search warrant explains that Fitzsimmons shot Babe once in the chest, then again as Babe fell to the ground.

"Within a few minutes of that noise, two squad cars came shooting down here," Stubbe said.

In the search warrant, Fitzsimmons told police that Babe was in the garage, and then went outside to the back deck where Fitzsimmons was standing. That's where the shooting happened.

"If Mike shot that guy because he was in the house, the man deserved to be shot," Stubbe said.

When police arrived, Fitzsimmons was only wearing underwear that did not have any blood marks. According to the search warrant, "If Mr. Fitzsimmons is not being truthful about the circumstances, he may have taken off outer layers of clothing."

The Waukesha County District Attorney said he's still considering whether he will file charges in the case or not. He tells me he is still waiting on DNA from the state crime lab.
I couldn't have said it better.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:05 PM   #5

Liked 410 Times on 256 Posts
Likes Given: 1177

sounds justified to me...

Old 08-31-2011, 03:45 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5519 Times on 2883 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman1 View Post
sounds justified to me...
it does on face value to me too. waukesha is a very very very conservative county so we are liekly to get a good honest investigation. the LE there doesnt put up with much monkey business.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-31-2011, 04:41 PM   #7

Liked 164 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 43

If that happened here in MI he would already be arrested,"bad"guy if that's even the case,would have to be totally inside your house.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 08-31-2011, 06:01 PM   #8

I am from MI and have lived in Texas since 1980...in Texas you can shoot him if he is picknicking at your deer feeder...oh thats right you cant use a deer feeder in MI either

Old 08-31-2011, 06:35 PM   #9

Liked 164 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyrules View Post
I am from MI and have lived in Texas since 1980...in Texas you can shoot him if he is picknicking at your deer feeder...oh thats right you cant use a deer feeder in MI either
The JUST reistated deer baiting here and we get to use a WHOLE 2 gallons of feed spread at a minimum of 10x10 feet squared on the dirt.Aren't we so lucky?

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 08-31-2011, 07:42 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
If that happened here in MI he would already be arrested,"bad"guy if that's even the case,would have to be totally inside your house.
I still remember a local Sheriff speaking to my senior class and advising that we not try to drag the body inside by ourselves, to let him help; apparently there is a technique (dude was serious as could be). He also told us our tint was too dark & to slow down going through town. Good guy; his kid went to school with me and remided me of Slater from Dazed & Confuzed.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.