Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   home invasion or murder?? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/home-invasion-murder-47566/)

JonM 08-31-2011 04:19 AM

home invasion or murder??
 
going to have to keep an eye on this one. sounds like this guy may be telling some fibs. the possible perp/victim was according to radio reports a longtime sex offender and had a rather lengthy rap sheet. but shooting while the guy is down... i think there is a lot more to this that may turn up

Quote:

New details in deadly home invasion
By Lacey Crisp

CREATED 6:15 PM

A deadly home invasion in Okauchee happened outside the home on a back deck. According to the search warrant, the homeowner shot James Babe twice."

"I heard two shots. The shots weren't from a 22, you could tell it was a larger weapon," said neighbor Michael Stubbe.

Police took a .357 caliber handgun from Mike Fitzsimmon's house, and found spent cartridges of hollow point rounds.

The search warrant explains that Fitzsimmons shot Babe once in the chest, then again as Babe fell to the ground.

"Within a few minutes of that noise, two squad cars came shooting down here," Stubbe said.

In the search warrant, Fitzsimmons told police that Babe was in the garage, and then went outside to the back deck where Fitzsimmons was standing. That's where the shooting happened.

"If Mike shot that guy because he was in the house, the man deserved to be shot," Stubbe said.

When police arrived, Fitzsimmons was only wearing underwear that did not have any blood marks. According to the search warrant, "If Mr. Fitzsimmons is not being truthful about the circumstances, he may have taken off outer layers of clothing."

The Waukesha County District Attorney said he's still considering whether he will file charges in the case or not. He tells me he is still waiting on DNA from the state crime lab.

Rarity 08-31-2011 10:26 AM

Just another one of those, "here's my chance" moments. Many people can't pass up on them-- to bad there are consequences. Looks like he'll be sitting on a toilet in front of a judge soon.

I guess we will have to see

willshoum 08-31-2011 01:22 PM

Decked Out.......
 
So whats the problem, If you arrest the shooter all your doing is adding more cost to the court system.....Why is it the gumbment won't take this mans lead when it comes to disposing of sex offenders.....:mad:

PanBaccha 08-31-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

New details in deadly home invasion
By Lacey Crisp

CREATED 6:15 PM

A deadly home invasion in Okauchee happened outside the home on a back deck. According to the search warrant, the homeowner shot James Babe twice."

"I heard two shots. The shots weren't from a 22, you could tell it was a larger weapon," said neighbor Michael Stubbe.

Police took a .357 caliber handgun from Mike Fitzsimmon's house, and found spent cartridges of hollow point rounds.

The search warrant explains that Fitzsimmons shot Babe once in the chest, then again as Babe fell to the ground.

"Within a few minutes of that noise, two squad cars came shooting down here," Stubbe said.

In the search warrant, Fitzsimmons told police that Babe was in the garage, and then went outside to the back deck where Fitzsimmons was standing. That's where the shooting happened.

"If Mike shot that guy because he was in the house, the man deserved to be shot," Stubbe said.

When police arrived, Fitzsimmons was only wearing underwear that did not have any blood marks. According to the search warrant, "If Mr. Fitzsimmons is not being truthful about the circumstances, he may have taken off outer layers of clothing."

The Waukesha County District Attorney said he's still considering whether he will file charges in the case or not. He tells me he is still waiting on DNA from the state crime lab.
I couldn't have said it better.

rifleman1 08-31-2011 02:05 PM

sounds justified to me...

JonM 08-31-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rifleman1 (Post 572408)
sounds justified to me...

it does on face value to me too. waukesha is a very very very conservative county so we are liekly to get a good honest investigation. the LE there doesnt put up with much monkey business.

ninjatoth 08-31-2011 05:41 PM

If that happened here in MI he would already be arrested,"bad"guy if that's even the case,would have to be totally inside your house.

Rockyrules 08-31-2011 07:01 PM

I am from MI and have lived in Texas since 1980...in Texas you can shoot him if he is picknicking at your deer feeder...oh thats right you cant use a deer feeder in MI either

ninjatoth 08-31-2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockyrules (Post 572505)
I am from MI and have lived in Texas since 1980...in Texas you can shoot him if he is picknicking at your deer feeder...oh thats right you cant use a deer feeder in MI either

The JUST reistated deer baiting here and we get to use a WHOLE 2 gallons of feed spread at a minimum of 10x10 feet squared on the dirt.Aren't we so lucky?

orangello 08-31-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjatoth (Post 572481)
If that happened here in MI he would already be arrested,"bad"guy if that's even the case,would have to be totally inside your house.

I still remember a local Sheriff speaking to my senior class and advising that we not try to drag the body inside by ourselves, to let him help; apparently there is a technique (dude was serious as could be). He also told us our tint was too dark & to slow down going through town. Good guy; his kid went to school with me and remided me of Slater from Dazed & Confuzed.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:13 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.