Home defense scenario! - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Home defense scenario!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2014, 12:07 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2057 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim View Post

Chloeshooter, is that your summer place?, I see no canon mounted on the ramparts?

Jim
It's my Camp David lol

Old 03-15-2014, 12:49 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1381 Times on 811 Posts
Likes Given: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule659 View Post
To the people saying "never let them in without a warrant." What are you hiding? Simply letting an officer step inside your home is not giving him permission to search it. It's simply being polite and allowing someone to step inside your door. Unless there is something illegal sitting in plain view you have no worries. He cannot simply start going through your house and searching without a warrant, consent, or an exigent circumstance (pretty fine lines on this).
I don't let any uninvited stranger into my house, LEO or not.

Is he even a real LEO, or one dressed as one?

Even if he's an LEO, does he have an ulterior motive?

If he's insisting he needs to come in, then he's doing it with a warrant. If he needs to talk to me or a member of my family, it will be with an attorney present.

Local guy had his grandson living with him. Grandson was a really popular guy. Police figured out the kid was dealing pot out of the house, police came in under false pretenses and found the dope. Grandpa lost his house. Grandpa didn't believe he had anything to hide, and was being a nice guy.

I do not consent to a search.
People Like This 
Old 03-15-2014, 06:27 PM   #43

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'd never ever yell anything at a threat, why announce your position? Last thing any invader would see is the muzzle flash from a VZ58, M16A1 or G20 - whatever is handy and appropriate at the moment, I keep them all hot

Sent from my iPhone, sorry for typos...

Old 03-16-2014, 12:18 AM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 139 Times on 104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by luposk View Post
I'd never ever yell anything at a threat, why announce your position? Last thing any invader would see is the muzzle flash from a VZ58, M16A1 or G20 - whatever is handy and appropriate at the moment, I keep them all hot

Sent from my iPhone, sorry for typos...

Say cheese!!!

Never enough guns or ammo

Old 03-16-2014, 12:35 AM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Each event must be evaluated on the basis of all available information at the time. Following a fixed procedure or a checklist may get you killed or arrested.
People Like This 
Old 03-16-2014, 01:57 AM   #46

Liked 275 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Big Jim has it right with two dogs. If one should miss the bump in the night the other sure won't. And one will always get the other one going....for the smallest reason.

Old 03-16-2014, 04:27 AM   #47
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6822 Times on 3625 Posts
Likes Given: 513

This is assuming its an actual home invasion. I've always got a handgun on me when I'm awake and one within reach if I'm not.

Step one grab the ak47 we keep in a undisclosed location as a pistol is not as good as a rifle. Step two grab the cell phone. Step three retreat to bedroom door which is a defensible location in our house and covers all entrences. Step four call 911.

I'm under no obligation to warn an intruder they are about to enter a firing lane. They didn't call ahead to announce coming over to kill me and the wife why I should be courteous to them??
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
People Like This 
Old 03-16-2014, 04:35 AM   #48
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
This is assuming its an actual home invasion. I've always got a handgun on me when I'm awake and one within reach if I'm not.

Step one grab the ak47 we keep in a undisclosed location as a pistol is not as good as a rifle. Step two grab the cell phone. Step three retreat to bedroom door which is a defensible location in our house and covers all entrences. Step four call 911.

I'm under no obligation to warn an intruder they are about to enter a firing lane. They didn't call ahead to announce coming over to kill me and the wife why I should be courteous to them??
well said Jon.

besides, most people comig over for coffee and cookies will call first!

Old 03-16-2014, 05:02 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2344 Times on 1394 Posts
Likes Given: 1278

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
Personally, I would take the time I had while the door was being breached to arm myself with as much firepower I could and find cover and see what transpires from there. I would not say a word until the situation presented its self where it was safe to do so.
I don't mean to be redundant, but the above is about all you should do in this situation if you wish to survive guys and gals!

Old 03-16-2014, 05:11 PM   #50
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
I don't mean to be redundant, but the above is about all you should do in this situation if you wish to survive guys and gals!
sorry but i have to disagree. every situation is different as are the dynamics of that situation when it occurs. house layouts are different. number of occupants in the home will be different. the age and abilities of those occupants will be different.

there are no one set of rules that can apply here.
People Like This