Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   HOME DEFENSE-Learn it well (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/home-defense-learn-well-59729/)

GY6 03-08-2012 08:51 AM

HOME DEFENSE-Learn it well

My Father(former Marine) once told me..."it is better to be Tried by 12, then Buried by 6"....which means it is better to be in court dealing with STOPPING A THREAT in your house with LETHAL FORCE, then to be dead because you didn't want to use LETHAL FORCE to stop the threat.
When it comes to safety of your family from "OVER PENETRATION" of ammo. You just have to know about the Personal Defense ammo you have in your weapon and know how much it penetrates(a Body, wall, door...ect). I would recommend Hornady Critical Defense ammo or Winchester PDX1 personal protection ammo, for handguns. If you have a Shotgun I would recommend 12gauge 00-Buck rounds 2/3in shells.

Home Defense is MUCH MORE then just owning a Gun, you have to know your weapon, and how to use it under STRESS. Also what ammo you are carrying in it, and how it reacts when fired.
STAY SAFE, and LONG LIVE THE SECOND AMENDMENT!

-GY6 @ www.youtube.com/GY6vids

chazzy 03-08-2012 11:00 AM

Awsome thread!!!! Ive been waiting to see ballistics tests with actual organs, ballistics gel and am waiting to see something close to an equivalent of the sternum....

GY6 03-08-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chazzy (Post 733093)
Awsome thread!!!! Ive been waiting to see ballistics tests with actual organs, ballistics gel and am waiting to see something close to an equivalent of the sternum....

Im going to be making another one within the month, using ribs and a heart. Should be a great test! Thanks for watching

chazzy 03-08-2012 09:52 PM

Yeah keep em coming....I think they're very interesting!!!

lilrichthedragon 03-09-2012 02:15 AM

that's something everyone with a family they care about should know.

GY6 03-09-2012 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilrichthedragon (Post 734049)
that's something everyone with a family they care about should know.

Thank you...More to come=)

Ranger-6 03-09-2012 08:18 AM

The only reason why we say ..."it is better to be Tried by 12, then Buried by 6".... is because we do not know what's on the other side.

GY6 03-09-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger-6 (Post 734423)
The only reason why we say ..."it is better to be Tried by 12, then Buried by 6".... is because we do not know what's on the other side.

My Father and I would definitely disagree...We know whats on the other side. The Grace of God, and his Forgiving Love, gives us eternal salvation from a well deserved eternity in Hell. Sorry I dont mean to preach, but just know there is an answer out there for you, and His name is Jesus Christ

Ranger-6 03-09-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GY6 (Post 734433)
My Father and I would definitely disagree...We know whats on the other side. The Grace of God, and his Forgiving Love, gives us eternal salvation from a well deserved eternity in Hell. Sorry I dont mean to preach, but just know there is an answer out there for you, and His name is Jesus Christ

If that is the case then lets get going.
I am packed and ready to go.
There is no sense in hanging around here another second...

Josh1158 03-09-2012 09:43 AM

I have a 12 gage for home defense but I have slugs instead of 00 buck shot. How bad is the penetration gona be?