home defense laws - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > home defense laws

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 434 Times on 273 Posts
Likes Given: 1284

i just paid to have a whole new security system installed on our airport which my house is also on the strip the cameras and lights help to ward off potential thiefs but if they do decide to creep around they will be recorded a an audible alarm will sound now if they get past basic security then armed security will be the next opstical the armed will be me or my wife.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #12

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman1
i just paid to have a whole new security system installed on our airport which my house is also on the strip the cameras and lights help to ward off potential thiefs but if they do decide to creep around they will be recorded a an audible alarm will sound now if they get past basic security then armed security will be the next opstical the armed will be me or my wife.
You own an airport? How cool is that!

NEVER FORGET

Old 04-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #13
mcb

Liked 68 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollygee

That "when confronted with deadly force" would be the part that would worry me. It infers that you must make a judgement about the intruder's intentions, as well as determine how he is armed. If you shoot him & he has no firearm, could you be in trouble?
When confronted with deadly force is outside the home. Inside the home deadly intent is implied by the bg breaking in. You can use deadly force without determining if he is armed.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:18 AM   #14

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb View Post
When confronted with deadly force is outside the home. Inside the home deadly intent is implied by the bg breaking in. You can use deadly force without determining if he is armed.
Okay, that's the way it should be. Break-ins can often occur at night & the home owner should not have to be concerned, in the dark, about how or if the scum bag is armed.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:55 AM   #15

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

As been mentioned - You shud REALLY not pay ANY attention to ANY advice given here
Check LOCAL LAWS- Consult your lawyer- Theres NO way a exact answer can be given to your question- TOO many varibles, any little thing can change the way the local cops/lawyers ect will view the exact situation that caused YOU to use deadly force in a given situation at a given time

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 04-07-2012, 04:11 AM   #16

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
As been mentioned - You shud REALLY not pay ANY attention to ANY advice given here
Check LOCAL LAWS- Consult your lawyer- Theres NO way a exact answer can be given to your question- TOO many varibles, any little thing can change the way the local cops/lawyers ect will view the exact situation that caused YOU to use deadly force in a given situation at a given time
Exactly! Sadly, local officials may take a dim view of state laws & try to interpret them differently, even twist them. A local lawyer will know these things.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #17

Liked 434 Times on 273 Posts
Likes Given: 1284

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
You own an airport? How cool is that!
my dad owns it outrite i manage and run the ground operations,we are an ag airport we are an incorporated airport though we have a pretty nice runway and hangers.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:14 AM   #18

Liked 248 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I have yet to hear about a case where someone was proscecuted for shooting an intruder who had broken into his occupied house and was still inside . That said, you must reasonably fear for life and limb, according to most laws ; so you could possibly be proscecuted if it were plain that you fired only to save property or to apprehend a burglar .
Massad Ayoob's book, In The Gravest Extreme and Alex Jason's video, Deadly Force are the best sources of information on this topic .